Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Totally Random Stuff

Good Evening Humble Readers...

I hope that you have all had a good Wednesday... things here on the frozen flatland are sliding deeper into the deep freeze.  It's snowing pretty intensely right now, and it's supposed to keep on all day tomorrow.  I wouldn't mind so much, except that I have to go to a doctor's appointment.  I don't drive much at all during the winter, and given that we only have the one car, my Beloved may have to drive me and the wee girl.

*****
Speaking of Tilly the Toyota... she had to have a bit of work done on her today.  In the middle of the summer, when we took a day trip down to the Big City Down South, we caught a rock on the edge of the windshield, and it spidered several inches before we made it home.  As the weather has gotten colder, the crack has gotten longer and it was almost all the way across the whole window.  Knowing that it would only get worse as we go further into winter, we bit the bullet and had the window replaced.  We got a pretty good deal on it, and I'm glad it's done, but it was a bit of a financial hit just before Christmas. 

*****
Major victory this morning... my before breakfast blood sugars were exactly on target!  This is the first time in my entire experience with GD that my morning sugars have been that low.  I got close a couple of times toward the end of my pregnancy with Ginny, but never quite there.  I think we may have actually have hit the magic number for insulin (for now, anyway).  Woohoo!

*****
Ginny has a bit of a cold going on right now.  Her nose is a faucet, and she has the occasional phlegmy cough.  It doesn't seem to be slowing her down at all, but it does mean that anything I'm wearing has become her kleenex of choice.  Ugh...

*****
So I finally got started on my Christmas shopping for my Beloved this morning.  I have been hounding him since the summer to put together a wish list, and he finally has, so I was able to make some progress.  He's incredibly difficult to buy for, and the one idea that I did have is no longer available... anywhere.  Bummer.  At least now I have some direction.

*****
Ginny's newest obsession is bears... as in polar bears, panda bears, grizzly bears.  If she sees a pic or a glimpse of one on tv, she goes nuts.  Bouncing up and down, practically hyperventilating.  It's hilarious!  And it doesn't even have to be a 'real' bear.  A stuffy, a cartoon-type drawing in a storybook... anything. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.