Tuesday, November 15, 2011

13 Weeks: Moving Forward

Hey Humble Readers...

First up, I want to apologize for the tone of yesterday's post.  I was frustrated and angry at myself for what really felt like a waste of a day (my Beloved took half a day off work, the long drive, dealing with crazy city traffic, bad weather, etc). 

I was angry at myself because when we got to the hospital, before we found our way through the maze that is the Foothills Hospital, I had to go to the bathroom.  I thought I was being smart and didn't drink the required water untl an hour before my appointment, but I just couldn't hold it any longer. I was in agony (hello kidneys!).  Oh, and did I mention that I was having an IBS flare at the same time?  My body was fighting me at every turn.

So, because I went pee when I did, my bladder wasn't full enough, and they couldn't get the measurement.  The nurse made it pretty clear that I was an idiot for going to the bathroom before an u/s.  She tried every way possible, including internally to get the angle she needed, but it just didn't happen. 

The Halfling 2.0 looked great.  It was very reassuring to see him/her move around, and to get a great heartbeat.  And I know that this is just a diagnostic test... it doesn't change anything about how much I love this little one.  I just felt so stupid and angry when we left the hospital, and unfortunately that came out in what I posted yesterday. 

Anyway, onto the update...

How far along? 13w0d

Maternity clothes? Not yet

Body Oddities? dry skin, periods of extreme fatigue (getting better), alternating constipation and IBS flares, constant hunger, acne, bruises from insulin injections, back ache, cracking joints, back ache, super sore boobs, increased earwax (happened last time too), dry/itchy eyes, little bit of weight gain this week

Sleep?  Better.  The only real issue is that I tend to fall asleep between 7:30 and 8pm, and then at 11 I'm wide awake. 

Best moment this week? Drama not withstanding, seeing our wee Halfling 2.0 waving around.  It was such a relief (I know I shouldn't expect the worst, but I do) and he/she even made me laugh a couple of times as the nurse was trying to get him/her into a better position.

Worst moment? Yesterday morning, when the recently repaired hot water tap in our bathtub came off in my hand while trying to shut off the water.  That was a blast!

Movement? Maybe, but I'm not convinced that it's not just my stupid insides grumbling around.

Food cravings/aversions? Spicy, lemony, tangy, flavours.  I'm making lemony rice tonight and I'm practically drooling thinking about it right now.  Cottage cheese is still a no go, but other than that, I think I might be past the worst of the aversions. 

Rings? Still on, but they are feeling a bit tighter the couple of days

Gender? Not going to find out, but I'm leaning toward 'girl' this time around. (which, of course, means that it will be a boy)

Intense Dreams? Had a very strange dream where I was in some war torn desert country, running from building to building, trying to hide. 

Medical Concerns? Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day... levels almost settled for now), High blood pressure (on 100mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 150mg of zan.tac 2x daily), kidney stones.

What I miss? Nothing too much... today I would give my right arm for a Krispee Kreme donut.

What I look forward to? Ginny's birthday party, getting things done on my pre-Christmas to do list.

Emotional State? Mostly improved, but yesterday was no fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.