Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Melting, Voting & Baking, Oh My!

Good Morning Humble Readers...

Things here on the flatland are pretty good this morning.  The weatherman is predicting that we are supposed to be getting closer to seasonal temps, which means that some of this might actually melt...

The poor cedar tree by our front door

Above the poor cedar tree...

On the front of our building... it's now more than 6 feet long
Yup, those icicles are all around my house.  Talk about frightening!  (and I think the condo board should have had the eaves cleaned out, huh?)  The weatherman is, of course, predicting that we will get another 10cm of snow next weekend, but I'm choosing to ignore that for the moment.

*****
So, I'm not sure if my friends south of the border have heard, but as of Friday, we are being sent to the polls AGAIN!  The joys of electing a minority goverment repeatedly.  Gah!  One thing I have to say I like about Canadian elections though... There are very specific limitations on how long the campaign actually lasts (36 days).  I just hope that we get a clear majority this time, so that maybe the government can get something done and we don't have to do this again for another four or five years. 

*****
Remember how I mentioned yesterday that I was going to be baking some buns to go with dinner?  I have a great recipe for dinner rolls that I love.  But please keep in mind that my baking skills are less than stellar.  On a whim I decided to substitute whole wheat flour for the all-purpose that the recipe called for.  Um... yeah... can we say bad idea?  They turned into hockey pucks.  Oh well, lesson learned.  Have you had any kitchen flubs recently? 

*****
Ginny has turned into a drool monster!  It's like someone has turned on a faucet or something.  It looks like teething is just around the corner.  What's really funny is that my Beloved gets seriously grossed out by it.  It's hilarious!

*****
I think I'm going to bake some chocolate chip cookies today.  Or maybe a cinnamon loaf.  Or maybe both.  Hmmmm...

*****
I'm going to be making a pork roast tomorrow for dinner.  I'm looking for something different than my usual... do any of you have a suggestion? 

8 comments :

  1. What I want to know is where is the sun?! It has been over a week since we have seen it here! I don't mind the snow, as long as there is sun to go along with it.

    And yes, off to the polls again. Perfect for my Social Studies class. We will talk political parties and campaigning and voting....it will be great! :)

    Now I want some choc chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I could not resist either kicking or hitting those gynormous icicles with a baseball bat! Icicles don't last long around me :)

    I recently saw a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with an Oreo inside. I can't remember where but if I find it again I will send it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy to think it's still so cold. We are cold at night but the days are halfway decent in warmth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just getting tired of the temperatures swinging back and forth wildly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brrr... those pics make me cold just looking at them!
    Sorry to hear about your biscuits. I just don't bake period. That's the hubby's job! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! How are you? Miss your updates! Just wanted to say I just clicked on your chart today and it is looking pretty good Mrs. G!! I will now be chart stalking! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, where have you been lady? Lots of exciting stuff happening, including my new blog (I'm previously Kira from "Grafting a Branch") Hope you come back to blogland soon, I'm missing your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to check on you and make sure all is well. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.