Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not Quite There Yet (But Getting Better)

Good Morning Humble Readers...

Things this morning are looking much sunnier than they did a couple of days ago. 

They (the nurses at the DEC) have changed my insulin levels, and have given me some direction for what to do to keep things going the way they should.  My new units are: 7 with breakfast, 5 with lunch and dinner, and 7 at bedtime.  The bedtime dose is to keep on increasing each night until my fasting blood sugar is where it's supposed to be.  They may add another dose of the longer acting insulin in the morning, but that will be decided next week. 

My body is also handling the insulin better.  I didn't feel like as much of an emotional basket case yesterday... and my hunger is not quite as intense.  (It does come in waves tho, which feels strange.)  The Halfling isn't quite sure what to make of the insulin... he/she kind of flips out shortly after each shot. 

The challenge now, is to find foods that I like to eat and cook that fit into what I'm allowed to have.  I'm getting sick of things like peanut butter and salads (not together of course).  I miss pasta and potatoes.  And juice! 

Thank you so much for bearing with me through this.  I really appreciate it.

*****
In other sunny news, the crib arrived yesterday as well.  Now the giant box is in our living room taking up space.  But that's ok... it's here!

And we are going stove shopping tomorrow.  I found one online that I think is a good fit for us, plus it's a bit of a step up from what we've had (self-cleaning oven!), without being ridiculously expensive. 

6 comments :

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better!!!! And that you have a crib :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are feeling better and your insulin levels are regulating themselves with the new doses. Have fun setting up the crib!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fruit teas could sub for fruit juice? Even iced tea is OK as long as you make it yourself-not from a mix (unless you read the ingredients firs). Potatoes are on the banned list sadly but sweet potato (Kumara) is OK. Cauliflower grated/low gi/wholegrain pasta could sub there?
    These are some suggestions...I know how hard it is I struggled a lot too. Just do the best you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use crystal lite in place of juices...of course the debate is still out on sugar substitutes during pg...all i had to tell myself through the journey though is that it took so much to get a "half ling" that every sacrifice to keep that lo in there was worth it...now i'm experiencing an extreme allergy to milk while bf'ing which means none of my most favourite thing in the world - ice cream...he's worth it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lady! So...I changed my url: http://gvandmonkey.blogspot.com

    Trying to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad they were able to get things straightned out for you.

    Enjoy the new oven, Im jealous we desperately need one.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.