Monday, March 2, 2009

Very Annoyed

Ok... before I begin I will offer a disclaimer. For any of my readers who have a low tolerance for TMI or just really doesn't want to know the ins and outs of my 'plumbing', please feel free to skip this post. It's ok, I won't be hurt.

Soooo, I've been looking forward to the beginning of this cycle for more than a month now. Even before the miscarraige had officially happened, when I knew that the pregnancy wasn't viable, I was looking forward to this cycle because it meant that we would be moving toward starting to ttc again. I was looking forward to some answers.

When AF showed up this morning I was really happy. I was able to call my OB's office at 9am and tell them that I was ready to be booked for an HSG. The receptionist was really happy for me and said she'd get right on it. She'd call me back later in the day with the info and the appointment.

Two o'clock rolled around and I had to leave for work without having heard from her. I wasn't concerned because I knew that my work number was on file. The afternoon ticked by, and I was jumping with every ring of the phone. Finally at 4:55 I got the call.

(Cue dark depressing music)

They can't get me in this month. The receptionist was very apologetic. Because today is Monday, that means AF won't be gone until Friday afternoon-ish. Of course, I can't get in on the weekend. That leaves next Monday and Tuesday (HSG has to be done before CD 10). Of course, they only do two of these tests a day. Of course, they are booked up. Of course, I can wait another month. *sigh*

It shouldn't be such a big deal. What's a month, right? Not even a month... 27 days. In the mean time, I'm getting that much closer to my 35th birthday. The ticking of my biological clock is becoming like chinese water torture.

Maybe tomorrow I will be ok with this. Tonight I'm pissed!

Oh yeah... and did I mention that today I found out one of my staff is expecting? *sigh*

2 comments :

  1. i totally understand!! i am still waiting and hoping beyond hope that i get rescheduled since i had to cancel because of the snowstorm....and 40 is ticking up fast for me :)
    hang in there!! i harbor the secret hope that maybe i will get my BFP and won't need one if I have to wait...ha! not likely, but always possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for commenting on my blog. I will be 34 next month and am sooooo hoping for a BFP in the next year.

    Also, I teach 8th grade reading and was VERY excited by your reading list. I'll be checking back in!

    Hang in there! Here's hoping the next month flies by for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.