Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Night Chit Chat: Will Winter Never End?

Howdy Humble Readers! 

How are you all tonight?  We're digging out from a gross amount of snow, but other than that, all is well here in the hobbit hole.  I despise snow in April, and according to the long term forecast, it's supposed to continue for the next couple of weeks.  I turned off the furnace, as I always do, on April 1, and I really am hoping that I won't have to turn it back on in the next few weeks. 
Our wee glamour girl in her new shades
Ginny has been a bit of a stinker all day, and really I was never so glad to see bedtime roll around tonight.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for her.  Pippin has recently exhibited an affinity for music and dancing.  It's so adorable, I want to have music playing all day just to watch him bounce and groove in his little dude way. 

Our weekend has been a busy one, including going for a bloodwork appointment (which ended up not happening because Dr. B told me the wrong amount of time to fast), shopping for new capris and tshirts, ordering my new glasses, finding a cute outfit for Pip's portraits next weekend, an oil change, a haircut for my Beloved, and church.  Whooo, no wonder I'm tuckered out. 

On to the Chit Chat...

Reading - Fly Away Home by Jennifer Wiener.  I think I may have read it before, as it's kind of striking me as familiar.  And just for the record... I DID really enjoy the Host by Meyer.  It's not fine literature by any stretch, but it's very engaging and I confess that several scenes have lingered with me over the past few days. 

Watching - Call the Midwife and Mr. Selfridge on PBS.  I adore the clothes so much in Mr. Selfridge.  Same vintage as Downton.

Listening to - While I'm not listening to it at the moment, my primary musical entertainment this week has been the new NKOTB album.  I love, love, love it!  I'm just bummed that they haven't added an Alberta stop on their tour. 

Baking/Cooking - Tonight was a basic Sunday supper.  Maple Mustard Pork Roast, Mashed Taters, Peas, Gravy, and Yorkies.  The yorkies didn't turn out so well tonight, but the gravy was yummy. 

Happy you accomplished this week -  Other than all that we got done this weekend, I'm pleased to say that I'm slowly getting back into a solid routine.  Still a bit behind on things, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  And the clothes that I bought for myself yesterday... I'm proud to say that I am able to fit into a size smaller than before!  Yippee!

Looking forward to next week - I need to colour my hair... desperately.  I've had the box in the bathroom for more than a month.  I'm also in the midst of planning Pip's first birthday party.  I'm going to be ordering the invitations from Etsy (order the jpeg and print them myself).  It's going to be mostly grown ups, of course, but I still want it to be cute. 

Thankful for today - That we haven't had need to travel anywhere this weekend, through the bad weather.  That the surety that spring will come... eventually. 

***Bonus Question*** - What is your regular day to day "outfit"?   In the winter, jeans and a tshirt or sweater.  In the summer capris or a skirt (long and black usually) and a tshirt. 

*****
This has been posted as a part of Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat.  Pop over and find out what others are chatting about tonight.

4 comments :

  1. I love NKOTB--I watched the preview of the itunes concert the other night-it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so lazy when it comes to clothes lately. Jeans, a t-shirt, and Chucks. That's about all you're getting out of me lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that Ginny has been having a better day. You really need to visit California...as we are supposed to be up in the 80s by midweek (I am mourning the end of winter!).

    How are you liking Mr. Selfridge? I am enjoying the show as a whole, but Jeremy Piven is getting on my nerves a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm reading the same book?? Well it's a Jennifer Weiner one anyways lol. :p lol about NKOTB, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.