Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat!

Howdy Humble Readers...

Happy Sunday evening to you all.  I hope that your weekend was fun and relaxing.  I'm joining in on the Sunday Night Chit-Chat hosted by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. 

Ginny trying to make Pip feel better.
Please note, she is in fact sharing both her
'Ket' (blanket) and Stanley the dog.
Amazing!

What are you...

Reading?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  I can't believe it took me a whole week to read the first in the series.  Yikes! 

Watching?
America's Funniest Videos.  Not really watching it.  It's just sort of noise in the background.  I am, however, super incredibly excited that Grimm will be back on starting tomorrow night. 

Listening to?
My Beloved loading the dishwasher.  Have I mentioned... he does the dishes and the laundry?  Yup, he's mine and you can't have him!  :)

Cooking/Baking?
Because it was cooler today, I actually did a more traditional Sunday night dinner.  I roasted a chicken stuffed with garlic, onion, lemon, and thyme.  Served it with mashed taters & gravy, mixed steamed veg, and yorkshire puddings.  It was really good, except that the yorkies got a little overdone.  Not sure what happened... I used my usual recipe. 

Happy you accomplished this week?
We had a really fun date night... went shopping for a few things that Pippin needed (a larger swaddle bag and some long pants), went for dinner, drove around looking at houses we can't afford, and then went to see the Disney movie "Brave".  It was soooo good.  And I didn't even mind that it was in 3D (I normally have a strong dislike for 3D movies.  Wearing the glasses over top of my glasses usually gives me a headache). 

Looking forward to next week?
Crafting night with the girls.  I'm planning on getting started on my Christmas crafts... 'cause I'm slow like that.  :)  And that dang Pinterest has so many great ideas that I want to do, I have to start early.  Must make a trip to the dollar store and the craft store tomorrow.

Thankful for today?
Cooler weather, the herbs that I've actually grown and managed to not kill, and my church family.

*BONUS QUESTION?* When it comes to shopping for clothes for yourself, what item do you have the hardest time saying "no" to?
Hmmmm... that's tough.  Right now, there's really no money in the budget for me to buy things for myself (I'm having to budget and maximize coupons for my bras here people).  When I was working though, socks were my frivilous purchases. I'm really not a sock person, I'd rather be barefoot.  But working for a company with a strict dress code made me fall in love with fun socks... particularly stripey ones.  It was my little form of rebellion. 

4 comments :

  1. This is my first time on your blog, and first of all, I LOVE you blog description. Secondly, what is your secret in getting your beloved into doing the dishes AND laundry? I've been trying to train my man to no avail...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..what a sweet pic! :) Love those moments! Your dinner sounds fabulous! Yum! Crafting nights are so much fun... I used to have those when I scrapbooked. What are you making??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Deathly Hallows this morning, and then I had to start doing some dishes, dang. I don't want your husband permanently... but could you do a loaner? LOL. My husband thinks he'll die of an anneurysm if he loads the dishwasher. ;) I'm currently obsessing...er, watching Shark Week!!! :) Yay! But I really want to see Brave, so badly. That and the Avengers. But I hate crowds and get too claustrophobic, so I have to wait until dvd. Dang. And I totally feel you about the whole bra thing. Money is tight here too, and to my shame my mother found out I was wearing 2 bras every day... because the nursing bras I bought don't fit anymore since the milk went away and my bra during pregnancy is now too small, so by combining them I was getting by. Anyway, my mom found out and went and bought me a couple bras. I felt so dumb, but am glad to have them anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it sad that I find all this bra talk reassuring? I can't afford new bras, either and I'm getting by (is everyone doing this??) with two bras that are too small, two nursing bras that fit but are covered in milk in less than two feedings and one very unflattering sports bra that sags. Maybe someone should post a tutorial on how to make your own bras...

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.