Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 21: Randomness Abounds

Good Evening Humble Readers,

It appears that winter is making a reappearance here on the un-frozen flatland.  It's been so warm lately that I was beginning to wonder if our winter was only that couple of cold weeks in November.  It's supposed to get down to -20C tonight, and next week we might even get some snow!  Shocking!  As much as I hate it, it is necessary.  I know that the farmers will be in a state in a few months if we don't start getting some significant precipitation.

On a completely different note, this week is the beginning of a bit of a new experiment for my menu planning.  In an attempt to change things up a bit, I decided that each week we will have one soup night, one sandwich night, and one meat-free night.  I want to do this partly because I get tired of the same meat/starch/veg combos, but mostly to cut back on some of our meat consumption.  Tonight was soup night, and I made mushroom barley soup which turned out pretty well, and I attempted to make some dinner rolls that didn't turn out at all (don't know what happened... my bread maker didn't mix the ingredients properly.  Odd).  Tomorrow is sandwich night and I'm making bbq beef sliders.  I'm going to have to work on my supply of meat-free recipes.  Any suggestions?

On to the update...

How far along? 21w0d

Maternity clothes? Yes, but not that I've been wearing any of them the last few days.  Pjs and sweats have been the name of the game since I came down with this crud.

Body Oddities? dry skin, periods of extreme fatigue, alternating constipation and IBS flares, acne, bruises from insulin injections, back ache (I'm going to see my chiropractor next week), cracking joints, super sore & slightly leaky boobs, increased earwax (happened last time too), dry/itchy eyes.  NEW THIS WEEK: nighttime leg cramps and the 'girls' have gotten significantly bigger (didn't happen last time)

Sleep? Much better.  I'm still tired during the day, but I think I can attribute most of that to the crud.  I don't feel the need to nap in the evenings any more and I'm able to sleep pretty much all night.  Hopefully this trend will continue.

Best moment this week? Having a small burst of energy the other day and using it to go through our coat closet and sending a bunch of stuff to the thrift store.

Worst moment? Any moment that involves a coughing fit.

Movement? Lots.  The Halfling has been doing a lot of flip-flopping.  There doesn't seem to be a significant pattern yet, with movement coming at almost any time of day.

Food cravings/aversions? Nothing specific this week.  I haven't been really hungry.

Rings? Still on, still loose

Gender? Not going to find out, although I am thoroughly planted in the she-hobbit camp.  My Beloved has no inkling either way.

Intense Dreams? Lots.  Many of them involve some sort of action (searching, hiding, running from someone, etc) or other intense situations.  Then there are the odd ones that involve fictional characters (like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory... again).  And the one that I told you all about a few days ago... where I saw the Halfling, kind of, and called her by name.  I really liked that one.

Medical Concerns? Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day), High blood pressure (on 100mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 150mg of zan.tac 2x daily), kidney stones, continuing string of lousy colds

What I miss? Sushi, my favourite wine, and bladder control

What I look forward to? Feeling healthy, making progress on my organizational projects

Emotional State?  Generally, I think I'm doing better.  I get frustrated easily, but a lot of that is based on my physical state.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.