Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: The Crud is Back

Hey Humble Readers...

I hope that you all are having a great early autumn.  The weather here on the flatland has been remarkably good, including getting our hottest summer temp on the second day of fall... Crazy!  It's been a busy few days, and I have much to catch you all up on.

*****
As the title of this post suggests, I am once again under the weather.  This is the second cold I have had THIS MONTH!!!  Ugh!  Sinuses, ears, throat... just gross.  And I think that Ginny might be catching it, she woke up snarfly this morning.  I'm praying that we are both feeling okay tomorrow night, as we have been invited out to dinner with a couple of couples from church. 

*****
I had an appointment at the diabetic clinic on Tuesday morning.  It really was just a refresher on the dietary stuff and setting a game plan.  I'm testing my blood sugar before and after each meal (2 hours), and I have to send in my log sheet tomorrow.  The nurses will look at it and if my numbers are screwy (which they are), then they will call in a recommended rx to Dr B, and I'll be on insulin beginning next week.  The challenge over the last few days has been trying to eat the way I should when I feel like total crap.  The m/s pukies combined with this cold has left me craving a ton of carbs, and sadly I have been giving in. 

*****
I had more blood drawn on Tuesday as well.  Five vials from my finicky veins.  Thankfully, one of the other doctors in Dr B's practice called me yesterday and let me know my beta numbers.  (As an aside - In looking at my O chart, it appears that I may have o'd a day later than I thought, and if that's the case then my DPO are all different.)  So, taking that into account...

13DPO - 34    20DPO - 442    27DPO - 3215

Not as high as I had hoped, but still doubling within normal parameters.  I'm still below average, but I'm feeling a little more confident. (I've come across a website that I love... http://www.betabase.info/  It's a collection of beta numbers from viable pregnancies and shows the variants in numbers.  Very reassuring)  My symptoms have been slightly more intense so that's also helping me feel a little better.  I've decided that I'm not going to go for another blood draw next week as I have my u/s on Wednesday.

*****
The other day I spent the afternoon/evening with a couple of my girlfriends.  We went to the Big City two hours north of us and hit Ikea, Olive Garden, and an event for 'employees' of my former bookstore.  We got to attend a presentation from one of the biggest publishers in the country about all the new books coming out this fall.  So many great books... I can't wait!  Ikea was so much fun... I was a good girl and limited myself to the few things I had in mind when we first walked in.  It was hard not to be impulsive, but I stayed strong!  It was a great day and had a lot of laughs. 

*****
I've decided that I'm going to do one or two projects each day until Wednesday.  Things like going through closets, making soup, and sorting through my crafting stuff.  I'm hoping that it will help me not fixate on the u/s.  I also have a big pseudo-Thanksgiving dinner to plan (more on that later). 

*****
There are a ton of other things that I want to tell you about, but they will have to wait for now, as I'm fading.  Ginny is napping and if I'm lucky I might be able to catch a solid half hour of sleep.  Woo hoo!