Friday, November 19, 2010

Brrr... (The Flatland Weather Report)

Good Morning Humble Readers!

Yet again, I am hoping that you all are warm and toasty wherever you are.

To be blunt, it's snappin' a$$holes cold here today!  According to the Weather Network, it's -25 degrees C right now.  (That's -13 degrees F for my American readers.)  It's only going to get up to -17 this afternoon.  Yikes! 

But at least it's stopped snowing.  Thank Heaven for small favours, right? 

I've become obsessed with the weather forecast for the next week.  It's supposed to get worse before it gets better.  More snow is predicted for the weekend (how are they going to play the CFL western final in Calgary if it's -20 and blowing snow?), and Tuesday is expected to be close to -30. 

BUT... by Thursday (d-day) it's going to get up above freezing again!  Yay!  (and it's expected to stay above seasonal for another week... if we can trust the long term forecast)

Can you see how small my world has become these days? 

4 comments :

  1. I would be weather obssessed at this point, too! You are nearing the end! Aaaaahhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do NOT miss that cold weather! Yikes! It's still in the 70's here in the Gulf Coast.

    Can you believe how close your due date is? Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES!!! I could NOT live there! There is talk of snow here this weekend and I am NOT looking forward to it. It's currently 56 degrees here. Warm for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy yikes Batman! I haven't had to deal with temps like that since I left the MN. I'm pretty spoiled now (I won't tell you our temps for the next 4 days)but I can still deal with the cold temps when I go home. Now, my hubby on the other hand, that's another story. He gets so bitter and angry about it. It amuses me so.

    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.