Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 29: Uninspired

Hey Humble Readers...

I'm running a bit behind these days.  It's been a long week already (went back to work on Saturday) and I'm finding my energy is just tapped these days.  I will get caught up with you all soon. 

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post... I think I have found the diaper bag I want.  Now, can any of you help me find some basic green crib bedding?  For under $300?  That's your mission!

Here's the update...

How far along? 29w0d

Maternity clothes? Yup, no more bella bands for me. 

Body Oddities? Oh so freakin' gassy!  It's embarassing.  Fatigue is overwhelming at times.  I don't know how much of it is the pregnancy and how much of it is the GD.

Sleep? Not terrible, but I still tire easily.  It feels like my sleep isn't as effective as it should be.

Best moment this week?  Being on vacation for most of it.  It was great to be able to take the time to do what I needed to around the house. 

Worst moment?  I've had some more incredible round ligament pain.  There was one day that I almost fell over when I stood up because it was so bad.

Movement?  I have a very busy little Halfling.  With the exception of today, he/she has been all over the place.  (I had to take some tylenol last night after work, and I think that made the Halfling a little sluggish this morning)

Food cravings? Not craving a whole lot these days.  Just obsessing about the things I can't have.  I've planned my first meal after coming home from the hospital after delivery.  Sushi, a slice of chocolate cheesecake, a venti light ice non-fat chai latte, and maybe a glass of Siegerebe (my favourite wine).

Rings?  I think they just might stay on for the duration.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I think it's a boy.

Intense Dreams? Not many this week, at least not many I remember.  A couple of nights ago I dreamed about being in labour.  Not the full on pushing, but sort of starting out. 

Medical Concerns? High blood pressure (on 50mg Trandate/Lobetalol, 3 times a day... bp holding steady at 130-ish over 70-ish), Gestational Diabetes (closer to getting it under control), on prescription Zan.tac for heartburn.

What I miss? being able to bend over and pick something up off the floor without worrying about if I can get back up.

What I look forward to? MATERNITY LEAVE!

Emotional State? Generally, this past week has been a good one.  But, today has been a rough one.  I am really feeling uninspired at work, and I don't want to be the kind of person who checks out mentally before they are done physically.  I'm tired, and I would much rather be doing things around the house to get ready for the baby. 

5 comments :

  1. I think you can just but sheets and stuff in plain colors... I know I have seen them :) feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to help you find the bedding. Can I see a picture of the diaper bag?

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's see the diaper bag you decided on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely feel you on "emotional state" My motivation to do anything baby related is pretty much gone! There is SO much to do!!

    I'm glad you found a diaper bag-and the adorable bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. I should have said that my motivation to do anything NOT baby related is gone! It's all about him now!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.