Saturday, January 2, 2010

The 'To Read' List

Greetings Humble Readers!

If you found your way to this post, then you are curious about what I'm reading. Or more specifically, what I'm planning on reading.

I will confess that working in a bookstore is sometimes a bit of a challenge, in that I am surrounded by books every day and it's difficult to limit my purchases. The good news is that I get to borrow books from the store (so long as they are returned in saleable condition) so I can save a bit that way, and I get a great discount for all those ones that I absolutely MUST own.

I am a re-reader. There are certain books that I try to read every year or two. They are like old friends, and I love connecting with them. There are some that I know I will never go back to, and I generally pass those on to whatever charitable organization I can find to take them. But there are those few... the old friends... that I have actually had to re-purchase because I have worn them out.

So, without further ado, here's what's on my nightstand... waiting to be read.  (italics indicate a re-read)


  • Under the Dome
  • Sea of Monsters
  • Titan's Curse
  • Battle of the Labyrinth
  • Last Olympian
  • The Red Queen
  • Lovely Bones
  • Knit Two
  • Knit the Season
  • Comfort Food
  • Distant Hours
  • Fellowship of the Ring
  • Two Towers
  • Return of the King
  • Emma
  • Sense & Sensability
  • Persuasion
  • Mansfield Park
  • Northanger Abbey
  • Servant Leader
  • I Can Make You Thin
  • Lonesome Dove
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
  • The Day the Falls Stood Still
  • Fred Factor
  • Why We Buy
  • Lucky Man
  • Red Pyramid
  • Wolf Hall
  • Here Burns My Candle
  • Mockingjay
I love suggestions! Please pass on what you are reading!

5 comments :

  1. My son is reading the Lightening Thief right now and loves it.
    I'm reading Treasure Island (it's a read aloud for home schol), the Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes (I saw the movie and it piqued my interest) and Finger Lickin' Fifteen (because I love Janet Evanovich and they are quick fun reads).

    Of the books on your list I've only read the Hobbit and the LOTR trio. I guess I need to pick it up and expand.

    Good luck with your challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your list, I've only read seven of them (Percy Jackson and the LOTR) series. Boo...looks like I need to spread my reading horizons quite a bit!

    Right now (literally, the book next to me) is Janet Evanovich's Plum Spooky (it's a Between-The-Numbers of her Stephanie Plum series - Flying Monkeys, I have all of them and love them!). I'm in the process of some Piers Anthony and Wicked and Fried Green Tomatoes. I've got several bookshelves in my house full of books...and more books in tubs in my basement and at my family home.

    I think that challenge would be fun :) Hope you don't mind if I join you in this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list! You've seen mine already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me very very tempted to start a post about my current book situation. I'll ponder it for a couple of days. Looks like you've got quite a list going. Hope you find a gem in the ones that are new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read the "Bloody Jack" series? or the "Gregor the Overlander" series? The first one is a teen fiction, the second one is a younger series, but they're both great!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.