Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010 Reading Challenge 'Been Read' List

Good Evening Humble Readers!

Once again the marvelous Kristin over at Dragondreamers Lair has challenged us all to pick up a book and read! Swing by and sign up... (and if you are finding this post later in the year, I know from experience that even latecomers are welcome to the party).

My goal for this year is 75 books. Last year my goal was 100, but I only made it to 53. How embarassing for a self-proclaimed book addict. Audiobooks and books under 50 pages count as half a book (I suggest that cookbooks should count as half-books, too). I read mostly fiction, wth a smattering of biographies, kids books, and, of course, cookbooks. Working in a bookstore keeps my 'to read' list fuller than I can manage, but I'm always looking for recommendations.

I will update here with every book I complete, but if you want to know more, you'll want to check out my reviews at the end of each month.

********

2010 Reading List

  1. Ciao Bella by Janice Kirk
  2. Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton
  3. A Dangerous Love by Sabrina Jeffries
  4. School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
  5. I See Rude People by Amy Alkon
  6. The Blythes Are Quoted by L. M. Montgomery
  7. Percy Jackson: Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
  8. Extraordinary Canadians: L. M. Montgomery by Jane Urqhart
  9. Desperate Duchesses by Eloisa James
  10. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
  11. Born Round by Frank Bruni
  12. Lamb by Christopher Moore
  13. Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
  14. The Customer is NOT Always Right by A.J Adams
  15. Geisha: A Life by Mineko Iwasaki
  16. The Heights by Peter Hedges
  17. Don't Bargain With The Devil by Sabrina Jeffries
  18. The Unexpected When You're Expecting by Mary Moore
  19. What to Eat When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff
  20. Lady of the Butterflies by Fiona Mountain
  21. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
  22. This Time Together by Carol Burnett
  23. Maze Runner
  24. The Gourmet Pregnancy
  25. The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley
  26. The Postmistress
  27. Cleaving by Julie Powell
  28. Twelve Nights by vaious authors
  29. Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel
  30. P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  31. Plains of Passage by Jean M. Auel
  32. Blockade Billy by Stephen King
  33. Passage by Justin Cronin
  34. Traitor's Wife by
  35. Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  36. The Best Birth by
  37. At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
  38. A Light In the Window by Jan Karon
  39. Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
  40. These High Green Hills by Jan Karon
  41. Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader by Jan Karon
  42. Out to Cannan by Jan Karon
  43. Wings by
  44. New Song by Jan Karon
  45. In This Mountain by Jan Karon
  46. A Common Life by Jan Karon
  47. Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon
  48. Heroes of the Valley by
  49. Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
  50. Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton
  51. Juliet by Anne Fortier
  52. Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
  53. The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
  54. Vinyl Cafe Audio Library by Stuart MacLean (six titles)   [54.5]
  55. more on the way!

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for posting this. I am an avid reader and have always wanted to keep track.. I never do. Now I can because my blog! Whooohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are joining in again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do re-reads count? I should totally do this!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.