Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Meltdown and 100 Day Challenge Updates

Hey Humble Readers -

Rain rain, go away...

It's been raining for two days now.  Solid rain.  While it's great for our sprouting sunflowers, it's not so good for wee-lings who have gotten used to being able to go to the park on a regular basis.  It's also been a downer on my walking, as I don't enjoy exercising in the rain.  A nice romantic walk in the rain is great, but trying to work up a sweat for an hour while you're sopping wet is no fun. 

Yesterday was a challenging day all around, but mostly in the evening for me personally.  We ended up getting phone calls from both sides of our family, basically demanding to know if we were going to be traveling for a couple of different family events (to my mom's as we had originally planned, and to a family reunion/big birthday party on my Beloved's side) in June.  All of these people know our current situation, and we have said repeatedly that until my Beloved gets a job, we can't commit to anything. 

And they ask the most ridiculous questions... 'When do you think he'll be working again?' and 'Well, is he looking for work?'.  For pity's sake... I have no idea when the job opportunity is going to come.  Yes, he's looking for work... what do you think he's doing, sitting on his thumb while I slowly disintegrate under the stress?  And the constant, 'Any news?' question is driving me insane!  As soon as we have any information, I'll be shouting it from the rooftops, I swear. 

Throw in a rough night's sleep (Pippin had a bad night, and the little bit of sleep I did get was filled with nightmares), and today has been a bit of a washout... pun intended.  I dozed most of the morning, and haven't done much all day.  After dinner I made my sore butt get up off the couch and do some marching in place (with 2-2lb weights), and my arms and abs workout.  Didn't get the number of steps or distance that I would get walking outside, but it's better than nothing. 

*****
100 Day Challenge - Day 3

Starting Weight - 309lb (heaviest was 318lb in the fall of 2009, lowest was 234lb last October)
Weight at Beginning of Challenge - 267
Current Weight - 263.4
Total Weight Lost During Challenge - 3.6lb

Exercise
  • next to nothing... crappy rainy day combined with poor sleep = no motivation
  • total number of steps - 2300
Water
  • 6 glasses water (4 litres)
Food
  • Breakfast: Raisin Bran & Milk
  • Lunch: 1 pc fried chicken, Ham & cheese sandwich, tomato
  • Dinner: BBQ turkey burger w/ cheddar (bbq sauce, onion jam), 12 French fries (yes, I counted them), salad (lettuce, tomato, cuke), Italian dressing
  • Snacks: 1/4 cup choc chips, ice cream
100 Day Challenge - Day 4

Starting Weight - 309lb (heaviest was 318lb in the fall of 2009, lowest was 234lb last October)
Weight at Beginning of Challenge - 267
Current Weight - 261
Total Weight Lost During Challenge - 6 lb (all water, I think)

Exercise
  • Marching in place with 2 2lb weights (38 min)
  • abs & arms (10 min)
  • total number of steps - 6400
Water
  •  6 glasses water (4 litres)
Food
  • Breakfast: Breakfast sandwich (skinny multigrain bagel, cheddar, egg, ham, sriracha)
  • Lunch: 2 ham & cheese sandwiches, sliced tomato
  • Dinner: Greek Orzo and Shrimp Salad (tomato, cucumber, feta)
  • Snacks: popcorn w/ butter, ice cream (the last of it!!!)

2 comments :

  1. The 'does he have job yet' question reminds me of the constant update requests pregnamt women get around their due date. Did you have any snappy come-back's for those questions?

    There are some pretty decent free YouTube workouts that could be a rainy day alternative for your workouts.

    Not for your restless kids. Rain days are rough for them.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for melting down. How can people not realize that if you have news you will tell them?! It's like when you're trying to get pregnant and struggling and everyone asks when you're going to get pregnant!!! Ughhhhhhh. :(

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.