Thursday, October 10, 2013

Murphy's Law As Applied To Exercise

Hey Humble Readers...

I was so proud of myself. 

Two great days at the gym.  6.5km on the stationary bike, 3km on the treadmill, and the weight circuit. 

I was aching in places I haven't ached for several weeks , but it was a good kind of ache.  I was feeling good and thinking I might be on track to a new routine.  I even lost a pound since last Friday. 

Then I got a fever.  Then I got that tell tale back ache.  No gym yesterday or today.  I was able to get in to see Dr. B today, and low and behold I have a kidney infection.  I am not to do any real serious exercise for another three or four days.  Grrrr...

The kicker... the infection is most likely due to my time on the stationary bike. 

**facepalm**

3 comments :

  1. Man, that's rough. I didn't know stationary bikes could cause kidney infections! I hope you're feeling better soon, and ready to go in a few days when you can exercise again! I just joined the gym last week, and had my free personal training appointment yesterday. I was planning to go swim today, but I can barely walk after the trainer had me do weight lifting yesterday. I don't think I'll make it to the gym tomorrow, either, and I generally don't go on the weekends. So even though I'm inspired, I can't do anything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sucks! I'm with sunflower, had no idea stationary bikes caused kidney issues. That's very interesting. Hope you're feeling better soon....and you should still be proud of yourself. You've done amazing things for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the workouts but I'm sorry for the set back! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.