Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Night Chit Chat: Busy Week

Hey Humble Readers...

I totally meant to be here earlier this week.  I have pictures from our trip to Big City to the South (including some great restaurant recommendations if you live in the vicinity) to share, and Ginny-isms that I think will make you laugh.  Hopefully, this next week won't be as busy. 

The first week of the month is always hectic for my Beloved, being an accountant.  Throw in the fact that we were out of town for the weekend, the fact that he was left in charge of training a new person in the office, and that he had a final exam in his most recent CGA course.  Because of all that, I was wanting to lessen his load at home as much as possible, so that he could study. 

I know that I am very blessed to have such an incredible helper in my Beloved.  He does so much around the hobbit hole, and particularly with the wee-lings, that when he wasn't available it was really apparent.  I don't know how single parents make it work.  They have my profound admiration. 

One of the things that I was able to do this week, much to my great pride, was put together our new dressers.  We hit up Ikea when we were on our weekend away, along with a few little doo-dads (a frame, some magazine holders, and one of their hardware kits), and picked up two Hemnes three-drawer dressers.  I decided to go with the Hemnes (over the Tarva) because I just didn't feel confident in my ability to stain the other style we were looking at.  Also, the Ikea we were at was sold out of the Tarva style, so that settled it.  It took me all day on Thursday to put them together, but I'm happy with how they look in our room (although they are bigger than I had in my head). 

The weightloss journey has taken a hopeful turn.  I was sure that all the indulgences I allowed while we were away would add up to lots of pounds on the scale.  Happily, I didn't gain an ounce while away, and I have actually almost regained the 70 pound mark (was .4lb away this morning).  I'm starting to notice a few changes in my body... I can wear my wedding rings on my thumb, I've seen the outline of my collar bone, and just yesterday I noticed a change for the better in my stomach, up near my rib cage.  Very exciting. 

On to this week's Chit Chat.  Here's what I'm...

Reading - I finished "Mistress of My Fate" by Rubenhold and I'm still not sure if I liked it.  I found the lead character to be rather Bella-from-Twilight, always waiting for her true love and bemoaning the fact that they couldn't be together.  I'm not sure that I'll bother reading the next book when it comes out.  Right now, I'm suffering from a plethora of options for reading.  I started re-reading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" last week, my turn on the hold list at the library for "Cuckoo's Calling" has come up, and I'm expecting my friend J.R. Vikse's new book "The Keeper Chronicles: Playing with Fire" is due to arrive any day. BTW, it's now available to order on Amazon, and he's got excerpts posted on his website!   Woohoo!

Watching - Just clearing up some space on the dvr.  Watching last week's episodes of Graceland and Who Do You Think You Are?  I need space on the dvr because I made a rash decision yesterday.  Every Sunday for the next few weeks, the Space channel is showing marathons of Doctor Who.  I haven't seen any of the recent (as in anything after 1985) incarnations of the Doctor, and so I started recording them.  It's going to take me a while to get through them all, I'm sure. 

Listening to - My Beloved, running a lot of stuff through the shredder. 

Cooking/Baking - I tried a new recipe tonight that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.  It was a Greek chicken (marinated in yoghurt, lemon, garlic, oregano), but the flavour was a lot milder than what I was looking for.  Also did Greek roasted potatoes and my Not-So-Greek salad (no olives or raw onion). 

Happy I accomplished this week - The dressers, getting the weightloss back on track, managing to wrangle both wee-lings through almost the entire service at church this morning (ducked out just before the last hymn as they were both in meltdown mode), and looked at the possibility of upgrading my cell phone (decided to wait until the Boxing Week sales). 

Looking Forward to Next week - A quiet week.  Hopefully Pip will be done with his most recent round of teething (four teeth at once, poor guy).  Reading, reading, reading. 

Thankful for - My Beloved, our time away, and coming home. 

***Bonus Question*** Do you have a celebrity crush?  LOLOLOL, of course I do!  Many!  Donnie Wahlberg, Shemar Moore, Benedict Cumberbatch (yup, he's new to the list), Chris Pine, and Zachary Quinto (notice a trend?).  I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody. 

*****
This was posted as a part of Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat.  Click over and check out what the others are chatting about tonight! 

3 comments :

  1. Busy, busy, busy!

    Re-reading Harry Potter is always a wise choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for restaurant recommendations! :) and pics too!
    Good work on the weight loss front, that's so amazing. Keep at it, I'm so proud of you and all the changes you're noticing.
    Finished Harold Fry and I loved it. Sad it's over. What should I read next?! Clearly not the one you just finished lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is up with my reader? It just showed this post today. Lame.

    Funny, I was just considering starting HP again myself... it must be the fall. I guess I feel like I missed the Hogwarts Express or something... time for back to school at Hogwarts! Every year I think I should read them again in the fall.

    I should've guessed you were a Cumberbatch kinda girl. LOL. He is excellent! But my taste runs a little more Robert Downey Jr... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.