I hope you all have some fun stuff planned for your weekend. Ours is going to be pretty laid back, with only a few errands on the to do list.
I wanted to come up with some nifty little intro for ICLW, but I'm drawing a blank, so instead I'm just going to share some random tidbits about me and my family. If I can manage to come with something that I haven't shared in the last five years.
- I am a potato-aholic. And I'm particular about which kind of potatoes I use for different recipes. Russets for baking and for oven fries, red potatoes for soups and stews, baby potatoes for roasting, and Yukon Gold for day to day boiling and mashing. It's a terrible thing given the Big D, but I seem to be making it work. (Five months in and I'm still using a measuring cup to portion my starches. I just don't trust myself.)
- You all, I'm sure, are aware of my love of books, and I've mentioned previously that I cannot be trusted alone in any office supply store (school supplies are intoxicating), but did you know that I love typewriters? My favourite toy when I was a kid was my red and white typewriter. I long to start a collection of antique typewriters... they just so rarely show up for reasonable prices around here. And where in the world would I put them in the hobbit-hole?
- I have appalling handwriting, unless I'm writing with a fountain pen. Something about using a fountain pen just makes my handwriting look awesome.
- I have blue eyes, and so does Pip. My Beloved has beautiful brown eyes, and Ginny has the most amazing shade-shifting hazel eyes. One moment they are blue-green, others they are grey, and even the occasional golden hues.
- My favourite flowers are tulips and peonies. I also like lavender, lilacs, and wisteria. I don't like dahlias.
- I have rather strong toes. When I was a child, I was known to rip up board game boxes and books (without realizing I was doing so) while laying on the floor playing a game. I can grip a pen in my toes, but don't have the coordination to write.
- Ginny has many words of her own creation including, but not limited to, glansents (blankets), frinkles (freckles) and patos (interchangeably potatoes and tomatoes).
- Pippin, when he gets excited (like when my Beloved gets home from work), does this crazy thing where he throws himself backward. It can get dangerous depending on where he's hanging out at the time.
- I can't do spin-y rides, or those ones where you are in a seat that moves to go along with the movies shown on the screen... I will hurl. I promise. I love roller coasters though.