Well, that was a week of my life I'll never get back. Jeez.
It was just a doozy of a cold, and I guess I was due. I haven't battled the Crud since my second trimester with Pippin (when I caught EVERY germ going around). I'm feeling better for the most part, just a lingering cough (particularly at night), a gravelly voice and varying levels of plugged ears which are improving.
I have been reading along with most of you this week, although I haven't made it to commenting. I do apologize. And there were so many blog posts I had planned, so many things I wanted to talk about this past week, like...
- Pippin's four month post. I wanted to tell you all about how big he's getting (he's in size 3 diapers already!), about how much hair he's lost, and about how he's trying to sit up. About how he's so fixated on sucking on his fingers that sometimes he can almost get his whole hand in his mouth. About how he has this habit of not being able to fall asleep at night unless he fusses for 15 minutes first, like he's mad that he's tired and doesn't want to give in. And about the beautiful way he laughs at his big sister (which I still haven't managed to get on video).
- How hot is Michael Shanks? Seriously. For those of you who don't know him, he used to be in Stargate SG-1, and now he's in Saving Hope. In SG-1, I thought he was kinda cute, but his character started out as such a dweeb that I never really appreciated him in a drool-worthy kind of way. Now.... YUM! Maybe it's the scenes with him in a tux or in doctors' scrubs.
- Tuesday... 9/11, the fourth anniversary of when we lost Emily Hope (our first angel baby), and a year since we found out we were expecting Pip. Whew... the emotions that day, on top of having a crummy cold, were pretty intense.
- A question for any of my Jewish friends (and it's probably super stupid)... why does it matter if laundry soap is kosher? What makes the average laundry soap un-kosher?
- Have I ever told you all about my crazy annual craving for turkey? Every year, usually in June, I start craving turkey. I mean a full on turkey dinner. Stuffing, sweet potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, the whole 9 yards. It kind of makes sense. The last time I would usually have had a turkey dinner was Christmas. (And no, a turkey sandwich made with deli turkey won't do!) But by June, it's too dang hot, and turkeys are too dang expensive, to think about cooking the full deal, so by mid-September I'm thinking about turkey on a daily basis. Thankfully, Canadian thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away! October 8th baby!
- Christmas prep... Blame it on my years in retail, but now that the autumn is here, I need to be thinking hard about the holidays. There are sooooo many crafts that I want to do! Damn Pinterest! I currently have one idea for a gift for my Beloved (which is stellar, as he is notoriously hard to shop for) and I'm toying with a couple of ideas for Ginny. Pippin won't need much, and I'm sure he'll be spoiled by Gramma and Mama.
- I have not forgotten about Foodie Fridays... I've just really let them slide by the wayside. I am seriously hoping to resurrect them this coming week. I have a new recipe that I'm trying this week and if it turns out well then I'll be sharing it with you. And if it doesn't, I'm going to plan a backup post. I promise!