Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Night Chit Chat

Howdy Humble Readers...

So it's Sunday again...  Another week has just flown by!  Of course, this past week has been dominated by kleenex, cough drops, and lots of extra fluids.  Still, we are on the mend! (the wee-lings are handling this cold with much better grace than I have)
Ginny looking very solemn,
showing off her new haircut
What are you:

Reading?
Gah!  After my big hyped-up talk last week about how I have my reading mojo back... this week has shown just how pathetic I am.  I am still reading Order of the Phoenix, only a couple hundred pages from where I was at this time last week.  I have got to get it in gear!

Watching?
Nothing this evening.  There is absolutely nothing on.  I thought that a couple of my shows were starting back up this week, but it turns out I'm a week ahead of things.  But that's okay.  It will give me time to hopefully finish up reading HP & OotP tonight.

Baking/Cooking?
Dinner tonight was the first of 3 new recipes for us this week.  Parmesan Pork Roast, served with the typical Sunday night extras... gravy, mashed taters, veggies, and yorkies.
PS - if you're ever curious about what's being served in the hobbit-hole, check out the menu over there on the right.  I have gotten a lot better about updating it every week lately. 

Happy you accomplished this week?
LOL... If I accomplished anything this week it certainly wasn't anything earth shattering.  Everyone was bathed, dressed, and fed.  That about covers it.

Looking forward to next week?
While it's not terribly grown up of me to admit it, I'm looking forward to my birthday.  I don't know what my Beloved has planned, if anything, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. 

Thankful for this week?
The fact that we are all, relatively speaking, healthy.  Yeah, I'm a wimp and can't stand being sick, but overall we are a healthy bunch.  My Beloved has had maybe one sick day since I've known him, and the wee-lings are healthy and happy. 

What website could you NOT go a day without checking in on?
I could state the obvious and say Blogger or Pinterest, but instead I'll give you...

My OB Said What? 

I started reading this site a couple of years ago, and now it's a habit.  It's a collection of all the stuff that doctors and nurses say to (primarily) pregnant women that is 100% assinine.  From the sublime (Thoughtful Thursdays are a glimpse into the sane in the medical profession) to the absolute ridiculous (one of today's contributions was said by an OB to a new dad repeatedly "Are you sure you're the father?").  Sometimes the comment section can get a bit heated, but all in all, I find it enlightening and entertaining, in a sick and twisted kind of way. 

Wanna know what Sunday Night Chit Chat is about?  Click over to Carla's corner of the blogosphere and see what other's are talking about tonight.

6 comments :

  1. Awwww... She's an absolute doll! I hope she's feeling better! My reading mojo is gone lately too... Let's hope it picks up for both of us! :)

    I'm gonna check out that site... I could use some good laughs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Ginny is adorable, and her hair is very cute! Wish I had some curls. ;) The website would be funny, if it wasn't so true. LOL. Gah! Freakin jerks. My contribution for it, though I haven't submitted, is that when I was first put on bedrest for blood pressure issues, I suddenly developed extreme edema/swelling, I was worried so I asked my (ex) OB about it. His response? "You know, pregnancy isn't a vacation." Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm late to the chat (and have been a piss poor blog friend of late... sorry!), but hoping to hop in anyway :) Also, sorry to hear you've been sick and glad to hear you're mending! How adorable is Ginny's haircut? She is such a sweet little girl and so pretty!



    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the haircut and am so glad you're all feeling better. :) and the OB website?! Good grief, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that book would be HILARIOUS!

    Ginny look beyond sweet with her new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'm looking forward to my first (and hopefully only) FET next week!

    Adorable photo of G, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.