It's been one of those kinds of days, and it's not even time for afternoon naps yet. Can I just tell you how much I'm looking forward to going shopping at Cost.co tonight? I need out...
Here's the run-down of what's been happening around the hobbit-hole today:
- I have had to put Ginny in time out no less than three times already today for poking Pip until he screams, for playing in the garbage can, and for throwing her lunch on the floor.
- I was sitting on the couch pumping, with Pip laying beside me sucking my finger to keep him from fussing. Ginny, in a moment of sheer jealousy, decided she wanted to sit beside me, and so she SAT ON THE BABY!!!
- I have had to start channeling my inner guy... In an effort to prevent Ginny from taking her diaper off through her clothes during her nap (and getting rabbit-like turds all over her room like yesterday... I swear she was playing marbles with them yesterday. ICK!!!!) I have resorted to covering the tabs on her diaper with packing tape. Only during naps, I swear!
- Ginny has recently discovered the wonders of climbing. She's also discovered that she can move the kitchen chairs. You do the math... I've been heart attacks at regular intervals.
- I am sick to death of saying 'Don't touch' or 'No, no, no'. And why, oh why, does she have to step on my toes multiple times a day?
I love being a mummy. Children are a blessing. I love being a mummy. Children are a blessing.
Gotta run. There a little girl has just started screaming from bonking her head on the floor.