A few days ago, Kristin over at Dragondreamer's Lair posted her Not-A-Bucket List, and I felt inspired to do the same.
You know me and lists.
I'm not a big fan of the term 'bucket list', because of the quasi-negative, death related connotations. And when I was in college, I had a prof who referred to this sort of thing as a 'life list', things I hope to do in this life.
I think we all have one of these lists, in some form or another. And I think it's important that the list keeps changing and growing, just as we should. It shouldn't be a finite thing. My list has changed as I have developed new interests, and as I have accomplished some of my hopes and dreams
So without further ado...
In this life, I hope to
- Write a novel (with a beginning, middle, and end).
- Visit all ten provinces and three territories.
- Visit all fifty states
- Travel extensively in Europe (including the UK, Russia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece)
- Go on Safari in Africa
- Go on a cruise (not a Carribean or Alaskan cruise... something more interesting, like a European river cruise or a retracing of the Titanic voyage)
- Go on a mission/service trip to Tanzania, and work with the Lutheran Masai Girls School that's affiliated with my alma mater.
- Learn to sew.
- Successfully grow basil and tomatoes (I'm just asking for one season's worth).
- Take my children to Disney World.
- Hear my heirloom violin played, perferably by one of my children or grandchildren.
- Learn to take better pictures
- Own a Montblanc fountain pen
- Go to an Antiques Roadshow event
- Weigh less than my Beloved
- Spend a night in a castle
- Track my family tree
- Write a cookbook
- Own a pug
- Bake a cake from scratch that doesn't taste like sawdust
- Figure out what my next career will be
What's on your life list?