Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 28: Third Trimester!!

Howdy Humble Readers...

Well, here we are... technically in the home stretch!  It's so hard to believe that this is my life.  My Beloved asked me today if I'm scared about the future.  I admitted that I am, not just about the relatively short term... getting to May 10th with this Halfling healthy and safe.  I'm concerned about life after... being mommy to two wee creatures. 

This isn't an O-M-G-I'm-panicking type of post.  This is more a wondering-about-what-the-future-holds sort of thing.  My Beloved and I have been married for almost 5 years, and for 4 of those years we (meaning mostly me) have been focussed, if not obsessed, with building our family.  That phase of our lives is quickly drawing to a close.  I know that I will have plenty to occupy my mind, but I wonder what that will look like.  I know that IF and RPL will always be a part of who I am... I just wonder how they will impact the next stage of my life.  Does that make any sense at all?

And now for something completely different... Ginny has always had this bizarre habit of trying to stick her hands down the top of my shirt.  It seemed to fade considerably in the fall, but now she's back at it regularly, always trying to cop a feel, as it were.  It makes me wonder, even though I was only able to breastfeed for three months, does she remember?  And now that 'the girls' are producing again (righty is anyway, lefty was always less productive)  I can express almost as much now as what I could when Ginny was first born.  Admittedly, it's not a heck of a lot, no more than a teaspoon.  But I wonder if she can sense it, or maybe even smell it or something?  Something to ponder...

On to this week's update...

How far along? 28w0d (only 10 weeks to go!!  HOLY CRAP!)

Maternity clothes? Yup.  Sadly, some of my mat clothes are starting to show some wear.  This time around I only bought a couple of long sleeved shirts, a sweater, and a pair of cords.  Of course I still have all the tshirts and jeans from last time, but they are looking very tired. 

Body Oddities? VERY dry skin, alternating constipation and IBS flares, acne, bruises from insulin injections, back ache, cracking joints, super sore & slightly leaky boobs, dry/itchy eyes, leg cramps, round ligament pain, tingly fingertips, tired, gassy, Braxton Hicks NEW THIS WEEK: shrinking belly button!!

Sleep? Not as tired as I have been.  Maybe the iron pills are working?  I seem to be able to get by with just a brief nap in the morning, and I'm not falling asleep in the evening.  Still sleeping like the dead.

Intense Dreams?  OMG... they just don't stop!  Being stalked by my bio-mom, finding a pure white yorkshire terrior in the dairy section of Safeway while shopping with my Mom, singing karaoke with Minta (yes... Minta, you were in one of my dreams), and last night's was set in a weird variation of my college, but it was also a hospital, and I found out that there were problems with the halfling (he only had one eye... and yes, I said he.  The halfling has been a 'he' in several dreams this week.)

Best moment this week? Making progress on my to do list!

Worst moment? A dizzy spell while I was grocery shopping.  Nothing like clinging to the shopping cart in the middle of the dairy section, seeing spots (thank you GD... grr).

Movement? Lots and lots!  As the Halfling is turning vertical, it seems like he/she is opposite of what Ginny was.  Throughout the third trimester, Ginny was on an angle, with her head on my right hip and her feet and bum under my left lung/ribs.  Halfling 2.0 has his/her head on my right hip and likes to kick and stretch out under my right lung/ribs. 

Food cravings/aversions?  Fruit!  But it has to be icy cold.  Pineapple, strawberries, oranges, etc. 

Rings? Surprisingly, still on.

Gender? I still think it's a girl.  But it appears that boy is winning in the poll on the right.

Medical Concerns? Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day), High blood pressure (on 50mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 60mg of Pan.taloc daily), kidney stones (they're back!), low lying placenta, low iron.

What I miss? Nothing too big this week.  I just wish I could have some of my favourite tempura maki rolls!

What I look forward to? Making some serious progress on my to do list.

Emtional State?  Pretty mellow this week.  No extremes one way or the other.

4 comments :

  1. Holy Moley! Third Tri!!! Go mama!

    and... I would totally sing karaoke with you! and... you totally need to friend me on FB, I tried to do you, but you are a FB ninja and your privacy skills are epic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, how are you in the third trimester already?? It really seems like time is flying by here as we near the end of this journey. And I get what you are saying about wondering what the future holds because I've been thinking about that a little nervously too. Wondering how adjusting from from life as two will go to life as two with our little one. And I can only imagine how it must feel tomgomfrom one to two.....a touch overwhelming perhaps!? You will be a great mama to two! We neednt worry our pretty lil heads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how we haven't met before... you'd think that two infertile mommy hobbits would know eachother... I actually laughed out loud when I read that you're married to an Ent. I totally married an Elf, seriously. Anyway, so excited that you're this close! And I wonder about the whole "remember breast feeding" thing too. Hope those kidney stones go away!!! Ouchie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congrats on third trimester! As the birth draws closer, it makes sense that you're being reflective about the days ahead. It's another major change in your life.

    Not sure about Ginny's obsession with going down your shirt, but K does it too to my husband only because he often has his iPod in his pocket and if she doesn't find it there, she has to explore to try to find it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.