Tuesday, November 8, 2011

12 Week Update: I Have A Theory

Good Afternoon Humble Readers...

Have I told you I have a theory?  It's a theory about why this pregnancy seems to be so much harder than last time...

When I was pregnant with Ginny, I had challenges, but not so many this early on.  Even things like acne were non-existent while I was pregnant with my wee sweet girl (I never had such great skin!!).  And I didn't have a cold or the flu or anything except a little bladder infection right at the end. 

Anyway, my theory... when we conceived this time around, I was sick.  I had a killer summer cold that I caught from Ginny.  I think, because my immune system was suppressed right from day one, that's why I've had such a crappy run these past several weeks. 

But I'm determined that's going to change.  We're going to go get our flu shots next week, and I am adamant that I'm not going to get sick any more during this pregnancy.  I think I have enough on my plate without dealing with more illnesses.  Wouldn't you agree?  Anywho... on to the update...

How far along? 12w0d

Maternity clothes? Nope, but my jeans were a little challenging to do up this morning.

Body Oddities? dry skin, periods of extreme fatigue (altho it is getting a bit better), alternating constipation and IBS flares, constant hunger, acne, bruises from insulin injections, back ache, cracking joints

Sleep? Well, it was improving until the whole kidney infection/stone thing started.  At least I can sleep for about 4 hours at a stretch now.

Best moment this week? Ginny's haircut on Saturday... it was fun and it took my mind off things for a while.

Worst moment? Sunday's meltdown.  I'm glad it happened though, because I was beginning to feel like I was wound too tight. 

Movement? Maybe... I had some up & down sensations on my lower right side last week.  Not sure if I just imagined it or not though

Food cravings/aversions? Spicy, lemony, tangy things.  Sweet & sour sauce with some hot sauce added... yum!  I really want a good pastry too, but of course that's just because I can't.  Cottage cheese is still on the no fly list, along with strong smelling fish like canned tuna or salmon. 

Rings? Still on, and still loose.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I'm leaning toward 'girl' this time around. (which, of course, means that it will be a boy)

Intense Dreams?  None that I remember this week

Medical Concerns? On 200mg of prometrium 2x a day until 12wks (tomorrow is my last dose... yay!), Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day... levels almost settled for now), High blood pressure (on 100mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 150mg of zan.tac 2x daily), kidney infection/stones (on antibiotics), stye on my left eye.

What I miss? Going a week without something else adding to my stress level, sweets, sushi

What I look forward to? Planning Ginny's birthday party, my NT scan on Monday, getting to go out for dinner with my Beloved in the Big City Down South after the scan

Emotional State?  Improving, but still up and down.  I find that I have a very short fuse with my Beloved when I'm dealing with the pain, which really isn't fair to him. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.