Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Such A Relief

Humble Readers, I am a very blessed hobbit! 

Halfling 2.0 is very much a reality!  The heartrate (at 7w1d) was 141 bpm, and is measuring right on track.  I feel like I'm able to breathe again. 

I was so anxious this morning, I almost burst into tears while we were driving to the medical imaging center, and then again when the tech called me back to the room. 

The clinic is a pretty large, and it's like a maze of little exam rooms, curtained changing rooms, and bathrooms.  Normally I end up having to wander around for quite a while before I get shown to a waiting room.  This time, the tech took me into the very first room off the main waiting room (and I didn't have to wait more than 3 minutes before he called my name to take me back). 

Everything about the scan went in hyperspeed.  Seriously, it was the fastest ultrasound I've ever had.  He was taking his pictures, and telling me to hold my breath, turn this way and that way for a look at my kidneys.  Before I knew it, he as asking for my Beloved's name and getting up to go get him.  Being a little flabbergasted, I asked "So there IS a baby?"  The tech was rather surprised at the question, but he said "Oh yes, why?  Have you been bleeding?"  I told him no, but with my history this is a very important and scary ultrasound.  He just shrugged and said 'Oh". 

As soon as he left the room I started to cry.  It was just such a relief. 

My Beloved came in with Ginny, and we got a quick look at the little blob with the flickering little heartbeat.  He printed off a pic for us...
Such a pretty little blob!
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.  I felt you all with me today.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.