Monday, August 1, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Heritage Day Edition

Howdy Humble Readers...

I hope you're all having a great Monday. 

It's Heritage Day here in Alberta, and it's kind of an odd holiday.  Most provinces have a holiday in August, but they all celebrate different things.  Basically, it's just so that every month in the summer has a long weekend. 

*****
I did my first Zu.mba workout dvd today.  It totally kicked my a$$.  I only made it through 30 minutes of the 45 minute workout before I had to stop.  I also have to spend some more time watching the "Learn the Steps" dvd that came with the set, because I was terrible!  My Beloved was kind enough to vacate the premesis with the baby girl for a while so that I could embarass myself in privacy. 

*****
Killer bonus after my workout... the bathtub drain decided to completely crap out (it's been slow for a few days) while my Beloved was in the shower, and so I wasn't able to take a shower.  Gross!  We finally got the drain unclogged this afternoon (yay us!).  The joys of home-ownership.

*****
Ginny's new targets are my el-cheapo cork ikea coasters.  Apparently they make great teething toys.  Who knew?  (Yes, they're hidden away now)

*****
We have baby proofed the house, as much as we're going to.  I have a baby gate in the hall for when I need to corral her for longer than a few minutes (she HATES the playpen now).  I put locks on the bathroom and kitchen cabinets, the dangerous ones anyway.  And we moved my Beloved's computer tower from the floor up to the desk.  The only thing I need to figure out is how to prevent her from opening the pocket door on our storage room off the kitchen.  Any suggestions?

*****
I finally, FINALLY got around to updating the menu board on the right.  Tonight's dinner was great, and I'm looking forward to sharing the recipes with you all on Friday. 

4 comments :

  1. --Yay you for doing the Zumba workout! I've been meaning to check it out, as many of my co-workers LOVE Zumba!

    --I love reading your stories about how your Wee Girl is growing...it all goes SO fast!

    --Our only pocket door is the door to our master bath. Could you put a baby gate across the door jamb in front of the door, or is there not enough of a door jamb to use? The only other thing I can think of is installing a hook/eye type lock out of reach from Ginerva.

    --Isn't HP only 21, not 31? I need to Google this...

    --You are SO right about David Spade!

    --I think my home is a cross between "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Roseanne."

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the Zumba workout! Even if you didn't finish, you got in a good workout! Ick to the drain, though :( Glad you got it fixed!

    Baby-proofing....I can't believe she's already that big! Seems like only yesterday you were expecting her!

    Btw, so glad I stopped by and saw Sock It To Me was back! Already headed over to Kym's blog and signed up =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for doing the workout.

    Ginny is growing sooooo quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh. I always made AH leave the room whenever I did workout DVD's. One time he snuck up on me while I was doing a Tae Bo DVD. Not only did he scare the hell out of me but I was mortified!

    I've never done Zumba and only recently saw what was actually involved. It looks fun. Good for you for getting started!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.