Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bloggity Summer Camp: My Guilty Pleasures

Howdy Humble Readers! 

I hope that you're all having a great long weekend, on both sides of the 49th parallel.  We had a lazy Canada Day on Friday, and spent yesterday visiting with family who were out camping nearby.  Ginny was, as always, the belle of the ball, being passed from person to person and charming everyone along the way.  Today is a typical Sunday, with church and then grocery shopping in the afternoon. 

So, today at Bloggity Summer Camp, our camp director, Calliope, asked a great question... "What are your guilty pleasures?"  What a fun question!

Immediately, when I think of guilty pleasures, I think of food.  Of those things that I rarely allow myself because I know I just shouldn't.  Things like chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, perogies & sausage, and dill pickle flavoured potato chips. 

But I don't just find guilty pleasure in food.  I subscribe to four or five magazines and I purposely wait until all of them have arrived for the month before I read them.  Then, on an afternoon when the house is clean and the wee girl is either asleep or otherwise pleasantly distracted, I take my time perusing the pages of home, fashion, and foodie magazines.  If I come across a recipe that I want to try, I tear it out and add it to a binder I have in my cook book cupboard. 

And my last guilty pleasure, or at least the last one I'm going to share with you all today... ;)

I love love love taking a really long super hot shower.  I can just stand there under the water forever, letting it beat on my head and on my back and shoulders.  This is why I always have Beloved take his shower first... I would hate to use too much hot water and not leave him enough. 

So, what are some of your guilty pleasures? 

And don't forget, you can still sign up for Bloggity Summer Camp!  Just stop by Creating Motherhood and join in the fun!

1 comment :

  1. hmmm.... The Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich and salt and vinegar potato chips.

    Hey, if you have time, would you send me a list of a few books you recommend? I need to visit the library I haven't had anything to read in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.