Monday, January 24, 2011

Perfect Moment Monday: Smiles & Thankfulness

Howdy Humble Readers...


So, how have I not done this even once in the last 2+ years?  How have I not participated in Perfect Moment Mondays? 

For the one or two of you who might not know what it is, Perfect Moment Mondays are about capturing those perfect moments, the ones that probably weren't planned, but they take root in our hearts. 

My perfect moment this week has been something that has been slowly developing over the last little while.  Ginevra has bestowed a few gassy smiles on us over the past weeks, but in the last few days she has truly begun to smile at me.  When I'm changing her diaper, when I bend over her cradle to pick her up, when I get in her face and make the sign language sign for mommy...  Her gummy little grin just lights up her face and my heart. 

And over the last couple of days, those smiles have illicited many prayers for a hurting friend, and of thankfulness for so many blessings.

I hope I can share a picture of her beautiful smiles with you soon.  I just can't seem to catch them on the camera yet. 

Join in share your perfect moments.  Hop over to Write Mind Open Heart and check out Perfect Moment Mondays.

7 comments :

  1. Oh, those gummy smiles are the best!

    I'm really happy for you and Ginevra. So glad to notice perfect moments with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a bunch of beautiful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading that babies start to "socially smile" at around 6 weeks... which is about enough time for Mama to be awfully tired and (if your baby were like mine) ready to leave your baby under bush. Those first REAL smiles are nature's way of making sure baby doesn't end up under a bush. Ha!

    Enjoy those gummy smiles - you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Perfect Moment Mondays idea! I am needing to focus on more positive things and just might do something like this. Yay for happy smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this wonderful moment. I am visiting from ICLW and like that your blog has a lot of variety to it...gives a real look at your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from ICLW, and I'm a longtime reader of your blog, it's really wonderful. Just de-lurking to say I'm so happy for you...what a beautiful milestone to observe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yay! Smiles! That makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.