Monday, July 5, 2010

19 Weeks: Almost Halfway!

Good Morning Humble Readers...

I hope that my friends south of the 49th parallel are enjoying your long weekend!  The weather here has cooled off a bit, which means I might actually try to do some real cooking, and maybe even bake a cake... Kristin (at Dragondreamer's Lair) posted an amazing recipe last week that I'm dying to try. 

Here's this week's run down...

How far along? 19w0d

Maternity clothes? Yup. Can't live without them!  I have a couple more things, including a swimsuit, on the way (ordered online).

Body Oddities? Leg cramps R Us!  Pretty much every night now.  And the weight thing is really starting to freak me out.  One week I'm up, the next I'm back down.  Today I'm actually back to where I was pre-pregnancy, exactly.  Dry skin is making a comeback too. 

Sleep? This week has been a rough one.  I'm tired, but I can only sleep for the first 2 or 3 hours before something (my bladder, IBS, leg cramps) wakes me up and I end up being wide awake for an hour or two. 

Best moment this week? Being able to tell Dr B where to find the Halfling when he did the heartbeat check. 

Worst moment? Finding out I have chronic high blood pressure.

Movement? Ummm, maybe?  When I go to bed, out of habit, I still stretch out on my stomach (at least to start) and the last couple of nights I have felt something moving.  My brain says that it's just my IBS twisting my insides as usual, but my heart says it just might be the Halfling.

Food cravings? chocolate milk (which I am trying to stay away from since I found out the sodium content), red meat, dill pickle chips (which I obviously can't have)

Rings? Still on, but I won't count on that lasting. I'm actually kind of surprised that I've lasted this long.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I think it's a boy

Intense Dreams? Not many.  Again, mostly related to my reading.  So it's a mix of wizards, medieval England, and terrorists.

Medical Concerns?  Officially diagnosed with chronic high blood pressure and have been put on meds.  I will be going for multiple (3+) GD tests... yuck!

What I miss? Fresh tomatoes with salt, wine coolers, and yes, sushi.

What I look forward to: My ultrasound this afternoon (yay!), feeling movement that I'm certain is movement, getting started on the nursery.

Emotional State? This week has been a bit mellower.  Still dealing with mood swings.  And I'm still (even this close to the halfway mark) finding it hard to really accept that this is real.  I have moments where I'm certain that all has gone wrong, or that it's just a dream.  But I guess if this is a dream, I don't want to wake up. 

7 comments :

  1. How are you almost halfway already?! The time is going by so fast! I hope all goes well at your u/s today. Thank for you for the lovely comment on my post.
    p.s. What is with our weather? Hello? Summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when I went into labour, I think I was still in denial about having a baby to bring home. On the bright side, not quite believing it is real makes those first moments of holding that baby even more amazing.

    Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a dream sweetie...you are living a fantastic reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't worry about the weight fluctuation, that happened to me too and tends to happen to larger women. i only gained 20lbs total each pg despite how much i ate! of course i also had gd and had a strict low carb diet to follow which i'm sure helped with keeping the weight down.

    keep an eye on the bp, relax (don't get stressed) and go for walks and avoid salty things. i was induced because of hbp and it took a few weeks for it to settle afterwards.

    it's a lovely dream to have, i'm still not wanting to wake up frm mine about being mommy to two lovely boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and i took labetlol (sp?) for hbp. i was induced 3 weeks early (by the time the induction was done it was only 2 weeks early!) i was induced because the combo of hbp and drugs was stunting the babies growth...i had gd and babe was only 7 lbs and 20 in much smaller than his brother which is unusual for a second. he is super healthy now and a little porker! ;)

    keep your feet up and do light exercise now to avoid bed rest later on - bed rest is not fun at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the scan! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.