Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Long and the Short of My Crazy Family

Happy Thursday Humble Readers!

Mel (the fantabulous Stirrup Queen) has a new little project that she has tied into this month's Virtual Lushary.  Stop by her place, place your drink order and give the group an update of what's going on in your corner of the world.  Then, leave a fascinating little tidbit about yourself... truth or fiction. 

My little tidbit just happens to be true.  My family really is THAT crazy!

My grandmother (foster grandma) is the oldest of 21 children.  Great-grandma and great-grandpa were obviously very fertile.  Grandma used to tell stories about the outhouse, how it had different sized 'seat' holes to accomodate all the different people in the family.  Grandma's youngest sister is actually younger than Grandma's oldest child, my late Uncle J. 

At one point in my life I had six... count 'em up, six parents.  Mother, father, step-dad, step-mom, and my foster parents (who are referred to as Mom and Dad on this blog).

And just to add that Springer-esque flair to my tale... my sister, who is going to be celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary next month, met her wonderful husband at her first wedding (yep, you read that right), where he was the second groomsman. 

I won't go into some of the other wackiness because I don't want to scare you all off. 

******
I want to say thank you to all of you, Humble Readers, for your kind words and support.  My symptoms did indeed make a resurgance, and I am feeling pregnant again.  Less than five days until we get to see the heartbeat! 

5 comments :

  1. Happy (belated) anniversary to you and your sweet DH!

    Cool learning about your family antics. :)

    YAY for heartbeat soon...can't wait to read your update! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it once and I'll keep saying it...

    Grow baby, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are feeling enough symptoms to reassure you a bit. Can't wait to read about you seeing the heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and your crazy family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stories! 21!! I can't even imagine.
    Do her ex and new husband still speak? That had to be awkward, no?

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.