Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: In The News

Good Morning Humble Readers...

It's not even 7am here, and I've already had an odd day. 

First, I read a news story that made me cry.  Corey Haim was one of my junior high celebrity crushes.  Well, him and Corey Feldman.  I saw all the movies they were in together, but I particularly remember renting 'Lost Boys' every weekend for a month.  I honestly hadn't thought about him in years, until the two Coreys did that reality show a couple of years ago.  It made me sad to see where his life had led, and the leading role that drugs now played in his life.  I didn't watch much of the reality show, because I don't like those shows that capitalize on peoples' struggles and pain like that.  So this morning when I saw his name at the top of the Yah.oo search list, I honestly thought that he had landed back in rehab or something.  Instead, I read this.  I hope that he has found the peace that he couldn't find in this life. 

*******
Next, I read a news story that made me laugh.  My Beloved actually told me a bit about this last night.  It really just goes to show that you CANNOT come between a Canadian and their hockey!  I can't help but be a tad proud of the people on that flight... their priorities were certainly in the right place!  I have to wonder if that would have happened south of the border. 

*******
And while this is not newsworthy by any means... I am a little confused by my cycle.  First off, I O'd earlier than I have for the last few cycles... Yay!  Second... my ov.watch says that I O'd on CD 15, but my bbt and cm say I O'd on CD 14.  Either way, we're covered, but still... confusing.

5 comments :

  1. So sad about Corey Haim. :( But yay for being 'covered' on your O! Positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey Haim was one of my junior high celebrity crushes too and I used to love 'Lost Boys'! I saw the yahoo news article yesterday and felt like a little piece of my childhood died with him. Weird but true. Poor Corey.

    Yay for O! (whatever day it was hehe) Hoping for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you didn't "hear" the news yesterday or I would have mentioned it. I saw Corey Feldman a couple of years ago at San Diego Comic Con at the special screening of Lost Boys 2.. I was soo excited that they were doing another movie because I LOVED the first one, but we all ended up walking out after about 10mins. It was nothing like the original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had hoped he'd get his life together. Addiction is so difficult and when those child starts grow up and are less wanted they spiral. My husband said the MADD group here hired the 2 Coreys to do a benefit. They got drunk and trashed the hotel to an extent that it cost more to fix than the benefit they barely showed up to brought in. Egos.
    And I'm not sure how flights are in Canada but they are messed up down here so I'm betting that would not have happened. Flying is a nightmare.
    FX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was sad news, wasn't it?

    Laughing my butt off at the reason for the flight delay.

    Good luck with this cycle.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.