Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Show & Tell: Travel Preparations

Good morning humble readers... and welcome to my Show & Tell for this week! For those of you who might be new to this, Show & Tell is wasted on elementary school kids, so once a week we all take the opportunity to show off whatever we feel like... If you want to know more, make sure to stop by Mel's place. And while you're there, check out what the rest of the class is showing! Everyone is welcome to join in on the fun!

So... we are now a week away from our big trip! Guess who is super excited? Yup, that would be me! However, in true hobbit form, I am a bit anxious as well, so I have reverted to one of my main coping mechanisms... lists. I have lists of things to do in NYC and lists of things to do before we go. I have finished most of the things on my "before" list and these pictures are the result of that.


Here's a rundown of what you are seeing:
  • Our groovy new red luggage. I chose red so that it would stand out, but discovered on our recent trip to Prince George that I'm not the only one who thought that red would be unique.
  • My new, much smaller new purse. Perfect size for the camera, a few essentials and a friend named Terwilliger.
  • Our passports. I'm so glad that mine finally arrived!
  • Our travel books. Bringing them along for reference.
  • Our groovy luggage tags. Due to the aforementioned un-uniqueness of our luggage, I found some hopefully unique luggage tags.
  • Our vitamins, et al. Like any good infertile, I can't leave home without my vitamins. The larger boxes are mine, and the smaller is my Beloved's
  • My awesome travel journal. I couldn't believe it when I found this. Statue of Liberty embossed on the front, NYC taxicab embossed on the back.
  • Various travel essentials. A map of NYC, a money belt for my Beloved to wear, luggage lock, and some aromatherapy oils. (I refuse to waste one day of this trip dealing with a headache or insomnia... peppermint for headaches and lavendar for sleep)
  • And last but not least... introducing Terwilliger Tidewater Turtle, Traveller at Large. He's going to be having some adventures and is looking forward to sharing them when he gets back.



17 comments :

  1. AAAaaaawwwwwwww! I heart Mr. Turtle. Have fun on the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like a seasoned traveler from this post. Enjoy! And cute Turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so excited! Have a fantastic time, I can't wait to read how it all went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! you are ready :)

    and in answer to your question on my blog, I never get the flu shot either (but this year my husband was after me) it is HIGHLY recommended for those who are pregnant or may become pregnant during flu season. So there is no reason not to, it won't affect TTC and is safe to do once you become pregnant too. So go for it!! I will more than likely be getting the h1n1 when that is available, husband works in biotech/pharma and believes in their safety :)

    Have a WONDERFUL trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!!

    I hope that you have a throughly lovely trip.

    I bought myself a travelling bag too...and it is black and blue(No, I did not beat the hell out of it!).

    You have fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are really organized! I am flying to SFO this evening, but I havent done a thing yet. This post is a reminder to me to get started :-) Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to reading about your adventures, and Mr. Turtle's!

    Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have an incredible trip! And, even if it isn't so unique, I love the red luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a fantastic trip! I also love to make lists, especially when we're travelling. Just helps to make sure not to miss anything. You seem to be well prepared, so I hope everything goes wonderfully for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you would make lists for me.

    I have a feeling we're all in for some fabulous S&Ts in future weeks!

    Bon voyage, Mrs Gamgee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool post. I can't wait to read about your trip. I'm excited for you! (When I went to NYC with my girlfriends this summer, we had a blast. However, there were times when I thought, "I wish I was here with DH." Things we could've done longer or more quickly with 2 instead of 6.) I know you and DH will have a wonderful time!

    LOVE the luggage tags and turtle. Cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd recommend that you not walk around with the map in your hand. NYC is much safer than it used to be, but still, no need to scream TOURIST. The streets are so linear (and numbered) that it's very easy to get almost anywhere once you know in what direction you're headed.

    Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you sound like you're all ready to go!!! Hope you have a GREAT time and get a little distraction from the doldrums of IF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ack! My dumb computer posted before I had a chance to sign off here...(it's Eve!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at you, all ready to go! I am impressed! I haven't been to NYC since... well, I think I was in my early teens? It was amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing about it from an adult perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Just so you know it is going to be beautiful and sunny when you arrive :) We had a bit of rain this way yesterday and today but that is passing. supposed to be seventies and sunny all through next week. have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dh & I got new luggage awhile ago, in basic black (duh). However, I put Canadian flag luggage tags on it (since our first trip was to the U.S.), & tied a length of red & white gingham ribbon to the handle -- that helped it to stand out more. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.