Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Night Lite

Good evening Humble Readers!

Due to the fact that I am beat beyond compare (first day back at work after my stay-cation and it was smokin' busy), I am not going to post the long thought-provoking post I had intended.

First and foremost... I was very impressed with your attempts at translating my confusing Canadianism. ('Hey, pass me a serviette... I just spilled my poutine on the chesterfield and I don't want to use my toque to clean it up') While no one got it all correct, Alana was closest. The actual trasnslation is... 'Hey, pass me a napkin... I just spilled my french-fries-with-gravy-and-cheese on the sofa and I don't want to use my winter-knit-stocking-cap to clean it up.'

Now before you start freaking out about the fries-with-gravy-and-cheese... yes, it is a heart attack on a plate, but it's DARN good! No, you can't use cheese sauce or fake cheese of any sort... it has to be real cheese, preferably cheese curd. And while it is french-Canadian in origin, the best poutine I've ever had has come from Chinese restaurants. And if you don't think you'd like it, that's just fine... all the more for me!

I think that's all I've got in me tonight, folks. I'm watching football with my beloved and I swear the ball their using is covered with olive oil, both teams are fumbling that much. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the BC Li.ons' locker room at the half... their coach's head is going to explode! Go Roughri.ders!

I hope all of my friends south of the 49th parallel have a fun and safe Independance Day!

5 comments :

  1. thanks a lot for visiting my blog! I'll add you to my reader and check in on you! i love that you were matched on eharmony. I wanted to do that before I met DH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I had read about poutin about a month earlier and couldn't for the life of me remember exactly what it was. I didn't want to cheat and look it up on the internet. Thanks for the half points! It made me smile. I would love to try poutin with you if I am ever up in the great white north. Cheese + gravy + fries = happy Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I got everything but the poutin!

    I could play the same game with Southern-isms...Hmm....Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy to me! I feel sooooo guilty now. I truly, truly, TRULY thought of you for the Sisterhood award, but I didn't want to over burden you. SO sorry! It won't happen again! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.