Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Night Chit Chat: Not What I Planned

Hey Humble Readers...

So this week went nowhere like I intended. 

You may recall that I told you last week that I was having a rough time with coming off my current bp meds so that I can start a new rx.  Well, that has been put on hold a bit.

Last Sunday I had a terrible headache and dizziness all day, which I chalked up to the change in my labetalol dosage.  But by the time I went to bed on Sunday night I had a killer sore throat.  On Monday I had no voice and a fever, and my sinuses were on fire.  My voice didn't start to return until Wednesday, just in time for my ears to start to seriously ache. 

By Friday, I was in agony with my ears feeling like my eardrums were going to burst. And I couldn't shake the fever.  I went to the walk-in clinic, and, lo and behold, I have a double inner ear infection.  Fun times.  I've been on antibiotics since Friday, and I'm beginning to improve.  Of course, I still have the general crud (cough, congestion) to deal with, but my right ear feels much better, and my left is on the mend. 

Of course, this means that absolutely nothing got done this week.  The hobbit-hole is a disaster, school supply shopping still hasn't happened, and I'm not even close to prepared for my Beloved's birthday next weekend.  I didn't send the wedding card for my cousin's wedding (happening tomorrow), and I still have to make optometrist appointments for the wee-lings (which I meant to do ages ago). 

My Beloved has been amazing, taking care of me, when I have barely been able to walk down the hall because of the dizziness, and the wee-lings.  He has cooked or bought food, done the grocery shopping, and kept the wee-lings out of my hair so that I could rest.  All while studying for his upcoming exam and having to work some overtime this week. 

I go to see Dr. B on Tuesday, so we'll see what the new plan is for my bp meds.  (I'm hoping I'll be able to drive by then, otherwise my Beloved will have to take me.)

Ok, onto the chit chat.  Here's what I'm:

Reading - I finished A Measure of Light by Beth Powning.  It was an interesting read. It's an historical novel about Mary Dyer, a Puritan-turned-Quaker Englishwoman who came to the Colonies in the mid-1600s.  Primarily about how the men ruling the Boston colony were just as bad, if not worse, as the rulers in England that drove them out, and the persecution of the Quakers in both.  I found it difficult to empathize with the main character in the last third of the book (I found her a bit fanatical), but it did make me want to read more about her as an historical figure and about the early days of the Quaker denomination.  Now I'm reading an old one... The House of Five Swords by Tristram Tupper.  It's an old favourite, but if any of you have ever read it, I would be very surprised.  I'm looking forward to telling you about it when I'm finished.  I also have a new-ish Fannie Flagg book from the library that I'm excited to get into. 

Watching - The tv is on, but I'm not really paying attention to it.  I do have a couple of movies on the dvr that I want to watch soon... The Theory of Everything and Jersey Boys.

Cooking - LOL... not much.  I did cook that turkey early last week, and we lived on the leftovers for a few days, which was a blessing.  I made a terrible meatloaf yesterday, but somehow my Beloved and the wee-lings managed to choke it down. 

Thinking About - the fact that I seriously need a shower, but I really just want to go to bed.  And trying not to think about how itchy my ears are right now. 

Adding to my To Do List - There's so much I need to do, but mostly I just want to get the hobbit-hole back in order.  The kitchen floor is kind of grossing me out.  Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have things on their way to normal. 

Thankful For - My Beloved.  He's amazing. 

2 comments :

  1. Wow I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ear infections suck! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    Are you on Goodreads?

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.