I don't know if it's because it's September (I always get a little bit cranky as the anniversary of my nativity approaches), or because we've been trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of our budget, or just a tad bit of lingering hormonal changes (my hair has only just started falling out post-pregnancy, and my skin is going through yet another transition... aka more acne). Whatever it is, I've been a bit of a grump the past few days.
I have been watchful for signs of PPD, but so far nothing as serious as after I stopped bf-ing Ginny. I'm just grumpy. Hoping it passes soon.
But because of the grumpies, I've been noticing a lot of little annoyances lately. Can you relate to any of these?
- Why don't all websites have that handy little 'scroll to top' button that lives on my Pinterest screen? It would be so handy, particularly on long blog posts where the comment link is at the top.
- I love grocery shopping. It gets me out of the house, on my own, for a little while every week. And yet, I have come to despise grocery stores, or rather the people in them. Clerks who bag my groceries in the most nonsensical manner possible, shoppers who feel the need to ram the back of my ankles with their cart, and store employees who park their massive pallets of boxes in front of the one stretch of shelving where my needed item resides.
- Also grocery related... a store offering certain products seasonally, when there really is nothing at all seasonal about the product. I have recently fallen in love with a couple of new condiments (sofrito and caramelized onion jam... and if you're Canadian you likely know what store I shop at) and they are only going to be available during the summer months. Grrr...
- Last grocery shopping annoyance (I promise)... when the store changes their layout. I've worked in retail, I know the deal, but really... Did Cost.co really need to hide the pork chops on me? Really?
- Captcha codes. Need I say more? (and to my knowledge, I don't have them activated on this blog, but for the love of pete, if I'm forcing you to try to decipher nonsensical blurry words, please let me know. I will do everything in my power to remove them.)
- Going to the movies and only seeing one good preview out of three. I know, they're just commercials, but I love the anticipation, the wondering what might be coming out that I haven't heard of yet.
- Getting an invite to the wedding of a distant cousin (as in, I've only been in the same room with her three times in my life).
- Fitted sheets that don't stay on the mattress.
- The fact that I just spent a lot of time on Thursday cleaning my house, and now, two days later, my living room is dusty again.