Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat!

Howdy Humble Readers...
Well, it's been another debilitatingly hot weekend here on the flatland.  I keep thinking that we might be at the end of the really hot weather, and then it rolls around again.  And I know, come November, I'll be crying that it's too cold.  There's just no pleasing some people, is there?
I'm participating in Carla @ My 1/2 Dozen Daily's Sunday Night Chit-Chat again.  If you want to join in the fun, just click over (after you check out my randomness, of course!).
My daughter, the architect!
What are you...
Reading?  Making good progress through my annual re-read of the Harry Potter series.  Currently about a third of the way through Prioner of Azkaban
Watching?  Not really watching anything right now.  Tonight, however, we'll be doing a marathon of America's Got Talent, because we have four hours of it on the DVR from last week.
Listening to?  Ginny sucking the last few drops out of her water bottle.  It's 'alle-alle'!
Cooking/Baking?  Tonight is pretty basic... roast beef in the crock pot, taters, and veg.  BUT I'm really pleased with how last night's dinner turned out.  It was my first ever attempt at a panzanella salad.  Zucchini, yellow squash, roma tomatoes, orange tomatoes, homemade chunky croutons and a bit of italian salad dressing.  Cut veggies into chunks and roasted them under the broiler (would have been better on the grill, but our outdoor grill doesn't work) with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.  Chopped up half of a day old baguette, drizzled it with olive oil, and popped under the broiler to toast up.  When all done, toss together with a 1/4 cup of italian salad dressing.  I served it with grilled smokies (done on our counter top grill).  It was so good, and I have lots of ideas on how to improve it in the future. 
Panzanella Salad w/ Grilled Smokies
All the veggies came from local growers at our Farmer's Market!
Happy you accomplished this week?  I went shopping this afternoon and stocked up on supplies I think I'll need for Ginny's new adventure that begins tomorrow (see below).  And I also found my Beloved's birthday present FOR HALF THE PRICE I HAD INTENDED TO PAY!  I was able to get him a little something from the wee-lings, and a little something that I needed too (can't tell you what it is yet because my Beloved reads these posts)!  I love a good sale!

Looking forward to next week?  Starting tomorrow, Ginny starts potty training!  I know that 20.5 months is a little young, but she's showing lots of signs of being ready, so I want to give it a shot.  We'll try it for a few days, but if it doesn't seem to be registering, then we'll pack it away for another month or so and try again later.  I'm pretty excited about it.  :)
Thankful for today?  Having enough food in our freezer to get us through another couple of weeks before we have to go to Costco again.  And that we live in an area, even with it's short growing season, where there are many growers (including several Hutterite colonies) who grow great produce and sell it locally. 
*BONUS QUESTION?* As a famous athlete, you are offered a $500,000 endorsement to promote a product that you dislike and would NEVER use. Do you endorse it?  No.  I admit it would be tempting, but ultimately I would have to look my family in the face.  And if I lied about something like that, just for money, I wouldn't have any integrity left.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.