Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 35: Tackling To Dos & TMI

Howdy Humble Readers...

So I have a new example of how OCD/anal retentive I am.  I have always been BIG on lists.  I love crossing things off my lists when I've completed them.  It's an addiction.  Combine this tendancy with the nesting instinct in late pregnancy... you get insanity.  I now have a spot on my computer where I have a list for every day of the week.   I've been making a lot of progress on my 'massive to do list' (check out the tab at the top) and I've been getting regular stuff done too.  It makes me feel really good, even though it's exhausting.  My goal is to have all the big stuff/baby prep done by May 1st, so that I have a little over a week to rest and relax before d-day. 

One thing that has made all this work a bit challenging this week is something I never ever thought I would be talking about.  (For those of you who are squeamish, I recommend skipping this paragraph... fair warning)  Keeping in mind that being an IFer has ingrained a psychotic need to check the tp for blood all the time, I got a bit of a scare yesterday morning.  There was blood, bright red.  After doing some investigating, I discovered that it wasn't coming from anywhere internal.  Nope... I have a vericose vein on my lady parts.  And apparently I wiped too hard and caused it to rupture a little.  It explains some of the discomfort I have had in my pelvic region (but really, everything in that area aches these days), and thankfully it was the only instance of bleeding. 

Of course I did some research, and while not 100% normal, it is common.  Hemmoroids are fairly commonplace during pregnancy, and they are just vericose veins that are 'back there'.  It should clear itself up sometime after the baby is born, but of course I'm going to talk to Dr. W about it at my next appointment.  But it's just plain ol' disturbing, nonetheless.

Anywho... On to this week's update...

How far along? 35w0d (holy crap... only 3 weeks left)

Maternity clothes? Heck ya.  I'm actually looking forward to being able to wear some of my regular clothes soon.

Body Oddities? VERY dry skin, alternating constipation and IBS flares, back ache, cracking joints, super sore & slightly leaky boobs, dry/itchy eyes, leg cramps, round ligament pain, tingly fingertips, tired, gassy, Braxton Hicks, tendinitis in my thumbs, hot flashes,water retention, skin tags, NEW THIS WEEK - *cough* vericose veins

Sleep? Not bad.  Hip pain wakes me up usually between 3-4am, but I'm often able to doze off again after walking around the house for a bit

Intense Dreams? I've watched too many documentaries this past week about Titanic.  It figured into a number of dreams, although thankfully none of them were too scary

Best moment this week? Our anniversary celebration.  The carraige ride.

Worst moment? A couple of really jarring hip cracks when I stand up have freaked me out.

Movement? Still very frequent.  The worst is when he/she decides to do the funky chicken while I'm dealing with Braxton Hicks. 

Food cravings/aversions? The craving for OJ stuck around throughout the whole duration of the cold I had last week, but seems to have eased now.  Now I just want chocolate.  And sushi.  And real iced tea.

Rings? Off.  I actually haven't tried putting them on recently.  While my weight is down a couple of pounds from a couple of weeks ago, I am up about 5 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight. 

Gender? Still thinking that the Halfling is a girl.

Medical Concerns? Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5x a day), High blood pressure (50mg of lobetalol 3x a day), continuing heartburn (60mg of pantaloc), low lying placenta, low iron

What I miss? being able to walk without pain, being able to get on the floor and play with Ginny

What I look forward to?  not having to poke/jab myself multiple times a day, meeting this little person

Emotional State? easily frustrated and worn out, but excited.

3 comments :

  1. I totally get labial vv in pregnancy. Feeling your pain. Just watch for blood clots... increasd pain, bruising, swelling, heat. You get that then go to doc asap. Also, if you freeze some water in a little plastic juice bottle (like gatorade) you can sit on it and it helps. Good luck, hope it gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the constant TP check! I don't know after 5 years if it will ever go away for me, M is a month now and out of habit I still check! Ouch about the lady bits part! I can totally sympathize with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so close now!

    And Belated Happy Anniversary.

    I hope all the issues and the pain will disappear once the kid is here in the world.

    I hadn't heard of varicose veins 'there' till now...or the rupturing....well, take care...It seems Coco has given you advice on the same, maybe it will help you!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.