The last day or so has been a bit stressful around the hobbit-hole. First, we got a bill in the mail from the taxman yesterday. After some colourful language and some digging, we discovered that one dollar amount got put in on the wrong line on my tax return from last year... **sigh** Presto, we owe the government $300.
Second, when I woke up this morning, I went to fire up my trusty little netbook, and sadly it had decided to give up the ghost sometime during the night. It's old (for a netbook) and tired, and it's not really worth repairing again (thankfully nothing too tragic will be lost). So, before breakfast, we had spent another chunk of money that we hadn't planned on to order me a new laptop. It's just a basic Dell, but it will serve my purposes. And keep us both sane as we DO NOT share a computer well.
Combine all that with the fact that it's been a while since I've done a fun little intro for ICLW (and if you are wondering what those letters mean, click on the groovy little green box in the column to the right. Mel explains it best) and, I thought I would play one of my Mom's favourite games... "If I won the lottery"
If I won a gazillion dollars in the lottery, I would...
- set up an endowment/trust for our church
- pay off our debts
- buy us a new house (nothing too big... A 3-bedroom townhouse or half duplex with a finished basement and a big beautiful kitchen. If money were really no object, I might go bigger, so long as we could hire a maid.)
- set up college funds for both Ginny and the Halfling
- buy us a second car
- Take my parents and my MIL on a nice trip. New Zealand, maybe?
- Take this trip with my Beloved.
- Take the children to Disney World (when they're bigger)
- Hire a genealogist to help me track down my family tree
- Possibly get bariatric and lasik surgery... maybe
- Get my Beloved and I brand new groovy computers, cameras, and cell phones