Friday, March 30, 2012

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Not Much Going On

Howdy Humble Readers...

I hope you've all had a good week.  Things around the hobbit-hole have been pretty quiet.  Honestly not much going on worth talking about, and my brain is mushy with tiredness and pregnancy-brain.

*****
I've been fixated on those really yummy Mil.ano cookies (the mint ones of course) and I've been trying not to think too much about them.  I used to buy them for special occassions when I was in college, but I haven't had any in years and years.  The kicker is, I can't get them around here.  I don't know for sure if you can even get them at all above the 49th parallel.  I know I shouldn't have them anyway (wretched GD), but dammit, I can't stop thinking about them.  If you are in Canada, and know where I can get some, PLEASE tell me... I promise I'll be good.  I won't get any until the middle of May.  I promise!

*****
I haven't heard from Dell at all since the initial calls on Tuesday morning.  I still haven't loaded anything on this computer since Monday night.  It's really annoying.  There is a little part of me that's hoping that they'll just let me keep this computer, but I doubt that will happen.  I'm just frustrated that I still haven't heard a damn thing.

*****
I had an appointment this morning with Dr. W.  It was exceptionally short.  Pee in a cup, check the bp (was totally fine, no change in my meds... doc said not to worry about swelling unless it's accompanied by other pre-e symptoms), check the weight (got a finger wagging), quick glance at him/her on Dr. W's ultrasound... enough to find out that the Halfling is breech.  That's right, what I've been thinking was the Halfling's hiney under my ribs is actually his/her little head.  It doesn't really matter, as we are going c-section for sure anyway. 

The one thing that she mentioned during the appointment, that I didn't really think much of at the time, but now I'm wondering... she mentioned that she's going to send me for a consult with the anesthesiologist.  The last time I had to do that was when I went under general anesthetic for my hysteroscopy (polypecotomy and D&C).  I'm wondering if this is just precautionary, or if she's planning on me being completely out for the c-section.  I hope it's just the former.  I WILL be asking at my next appointment.

*****
My Beloved lost an aunt this week.  She was 85, I think.  We've been so focussed on my Grandma (she appears to be doing better... and I'm very thankful for that, for so many reasons, not the least of which is that my parents are scheduled to leave for their 25th anniversary cruise in 5 days), that we totally didn't see this coming.  He wasn't particularly close with her, but still, it's jarring to say the least.  We're still debating if he will go to the funeral or not on Monday.  

*****
I'm trying to come up with some really groovy, unifying theme for my posts for the A to Z challenge.  Food?  Fictional characters I relate to?  Pet peeves?  Books I want to read?  Places I want to travel?  Any thoughts or suggestions?

4 comments :

  1. I'm so glad that your check up went well. I'm sure the consult is just a procedural thing. I am sorry that Beloved lost an aunt, it's hard to lose a family member, no matter how close.

    Hmmm, A to Z challenge? I love the idea of fictional characters...but that's just me (English major here!).

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll be the totally bad friend who sends you the mint milano cookies that you can't eat. ;) Just say the word! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hears you on the pregnancy tiredness, although I've been nesting like a madwoman and driving CB crazy. He keeps telling me I'm supposed to be resting but then I think of a million things I need, er, want to do. I can't help it! I haven't heard of those cookies but I feel like I should hear of them and eat them!! Do you know how long it's been since I've had a cookie!? ;) Yes, yes you do! Good luck with Dell, sounds like a bunch of incompetence to me. Let me know what the OB says!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SURE you can order the cookies on line and have them shipped for just pennies. Positive. :) And the c-section thing... I would still ask him, for sure, but... it might just be to talk about the side effects. If you're like me, your first c-section was an emergency and you were probably already hopped up on drugs and at the end of a very long (28 hours) labor. But my 2nd csection was planned and it was totally different. I wish they would've warned me. First, it was strange to be fully aware of the lady shaving my girly bits. I felt like a poodle. LOL. But the anesthesia got to my lungs and I felt like I was suffocating the entire time. I still *could* breathe, just I couldn't feel myself breathing. It was beyond freaky. It was all I could do to just stay calm and not start trying to get off the operating table. I didn't even care when they showed me the baby. I just had to keep focusing on trying to breathe and remaining on the table... because I wanted to jump up and run away... hardcore. Not too scary if you know it's normal and going to happen. But freaky when you're not prepared. So maybe it's just something like that???

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.