Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Civic Action & Other Random Bits

Hey Humble Readers...

I hope you're having a good week, wherever you are.  Things are pretty mellow here on the flatland.

*****
If you are a Canadian, please take some time to educate yourself about Bill C-11.  (It's legislation that is similar to SOPA that our friends to the south have recently been dealing with.)  If you value access to the internet that isn't controlled by the government, please make your voice heard.  Contact your local Member of Parliament.

*****
Ginny decided that playtime started today at 4:30 in the morning.  Not so fun.  Of course, when she finally fell back to sleep about an hour later, I was wide awake.  I watched a rather interesting documentary on the Freedom Riders on PBS.  So, at least I made some good use of my time and learned some stuff. 

*****
Speaking of PBS, it is killing me that I don't know anyone around here who watches Downton Abbey!  I am dying to have a good rehash over last weekend's episode!  (Come on... who really thinks Mr. Bates could do that?!?!)  My Beloved has no real interest in period dramas so he's no help with this at all... ;)

*****
Ginny gave herself a bit a shiner the other day.  It happened while I was at my OB appointment, so I don't know exactly what happened, but I know that the coffee table was involved, and my wee girl is now sporting an ugly yellow-brown bruise over her right eye.

*****
Valentine's Day plans are in the works.  I decided on a menu for our 'fancy' dinner, which I will share next week... after the fact so that it's a surprise for my Beloved.  I also have a small project that I am hoping I will be able to finish tomorrow while my Beloved is at work.  Now I'm just hoping that I can find all the ingredients I need for our dinner.  One item could be a little tricky.

*****
I'm happy to report that the new heartburn medication is working like a charm and I am a much happier hobbit as a result.  My bloodsugars have also come much closer to target since I have been able to stop taking the Tu.ms.  My only complaint is that this particular med is twice as expensive as the previous one.  I'm also happy to announce that so far I have noticed no ill effects from having cut down on my blood pressure meds (Dr. W mentioned that I might feel a little off while my body adjusts).

2 comments :

  1. I've heard about that show from so many people I think it might be time for me to check it out too?! :) Then we could talk about it LOL!! I read about Bill C_11 too, what a load of crap. Why do they think they can just make changes like that? I should write to my MP! Can't wait to hear the VDay menu, we have no plans as of yet! Will prob just be a quiet night in. YAY for new heartburn meds! Off to the hosp to see the dr about my diabetes today, will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the heartburn is calming down! I have several friends who watch Downtown Abbey...I've been meaning to check it out. Right now I'm watching United States of Tara and (very sadly) I've watched a few episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras. (I was curious about it. Not as bad as I thought it would be but something I don't ever plan on getting involved with).

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.