Sunday, November 13, 2011

Party Plans!

Howdy Humble Readers!

I hope that you've had a great, restful weekend.  Ours has been busy (Ginny's photoshoot, grocery shopping, a trip to see MIL in the Wee Little Town Down South, church, and Costco... yikes, busy and expensive). 

Part of what I accomplished this weekend was planning Ginny's birthday party.  It's not going to be a big ridiculous blowout or anything.  Just a small gathering of some family and friends, maybe 10 people plus us. 

I did up the invite (and a super huge thank you to everyone who offered advice and assistance!!  I really appreciate all your help).  It's pretty simple, but I think it's cute.


And I decided on the menu... These yummy ham & swiss sammies,

Going to do them on those little butter pan rolls... YUM!
 cilantro lime chicken wings,

It's a cilantro lime pesto - Yum Oh La!
veggies & dip, and baked goat cheese with herbs. 

Ginny's going to have a cupcake from a local cupcake bakery, and I'm going to bake this chocolate wonder for the grown ups.

This is how I'm planning on decorating our dining room, but I'm going to use pistachio green balloons mixed with a few pink. 

As you can tell, Pinterest has been hugely helpful in planning.  I'm still trying to think of a way that our family and friends from far away can participate in the day... I'm thinking of something like everyone sending her a wish for the next year or maybe a favourite storybook quote.  Any thoughts?

2 comments :

  1. OMG, I really love that photo of her! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks fabulous...except for the cilantro...blech. Hope y'all have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.