Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri:

Good Evening Humble Readers...

If I wasn't sure before, it's now official... Winter has landed!  We woke up to several inches of the white stuff and while it looks pretty, all I can think of is slipping and falling (and probably breaking something... I know I'm irrational).  I saw the weather prediction for this winter and it makes me a little sad.  A La Nina winter (more snow than usual) and temps below average.  As if average wasn't cold enough.  *sigh*  I must remember the year I lived in Florida and actually missed winter. 

*****
I finally had a bit of an epiphany... what I have been assuming is 'the crud' may be pregnancy sinusitus.  I had it last time toward the end (read: November) and it may explain all my sinus issues recently.  I'm going to invest in a neti pot or some saline spray and see if that helps.

*****
In other pregnancy news, I think I have officially 'popped'.  Of course, with all my extra fluff, the average person wouldn't notice it, but I'm feeling a bit rounder than usual, and I've noticed that it's harder to curl up on the couch the way I usually do. 

*****
I mentioned the plumbing work we had done recently on our bathroom in yesterday's post... but let me tell you, I am so stoked that I don't have to use a set of pliers to turn the water on and off anymore.  It sucks that we had to shell out more than $400 (and this after paying $250 just over a month ago for repairs to the same faucet) but at least they didn't have to go into the wall or anything to replace the faucet. 

*****
I managed to do something today that I don't think I could do again if I tried.  I was making my breakfast, slicing some cheese to go with my eggs, when my fingers slid off the back of the knife I was using and I manged to cut the first to fingers of my left hand... WITH THE BACK OF THE KNIFE.  Really, the cuts are no worse than papercuts, but man oh man did they ever sting... especially this afternoon when I was slicing onions to go in our dinner.  Ouch!!!

*****
Tomorrow night is my Beloved's work Christmas party.  We're going to a dinner theater.  I love live theater, but we haven't seen much since we got married, so I'm super excited. 

*****
Well, I'm off to bed.  I went to bed early last night and actually slept for close to 6 hours in bed before my stuffy sinuses woke me up.  Woohoo.  We'll see if I can beat that tonight. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.