Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: It's Baaaaaack!

Hey Humble Readers,

I hope things are going well where ever you are.  Things on the frozen flatland are, well, frozen.  Winter has officially started here in our little city.  It snowed through the night on Thursday, and Friday morning we woke up to a thin blanket of white and arctic temps.  I finally caved and turned on the furnace (it hasn't been that cold at all until the last couple of days).  I've begun obsessing about the weather, stressing about the fact that we don't have the winter tires on the car yet (hopefully we can get in on Monday), and my fear of falling on the ice has reared it's ugly head once again.  Ugh... and to think I used to love winter when I was a kid. 

*****
We took Ginny for a haircut today, her second.  It actually was only a bang trim, as I have decided to let her hair grow out and hopefully bring control to the two cowlicks she has on the back of her head.  She was very cute at the hair dressers.  We take her to a place that specializes in kids' cuts, and they have all these special chairs.  Ginny was able to sit in a pink car shaped seat, and she totally knew how to play with the steering wheel and the gear shift.  It was quite amusing.  The hairdresser was also kind enough to trim my bangs, which had gotten sadly out of control. 

*****
My kidney infection seems to be improving in fits and starts.  I will be feeling relatively fine, and things will be 'normal' in the bathroom (sorry tmi) for about half the day, and then things will get bad again.  Of course this is making me think more and more that it's a kidney stone, and not much of an infection.  This is seemingly confirmed by the periodic cramping-kicked-in-the-back-knock-me-over pain. 

*****
My Beloved, the sweet man that he is, brought me flowers the other day when I was feeling really crummy.  How do I deserve such a man?

*****
I wonder how Ginny is going to handle the time change this evening.  She's been sleeping really well for the last few days, and I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of the extra hour of sleep tonight.  DON'T FORGET TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK!  :)

*****
Please send prayers and good thoughts to our bloggy sister Good Timing over at Love Grows Love.  She's 16 weeks pregnant, and had a very scary day on Thursday with a leak of amniotic fluid.  The last we heard, she was put on bedrest while waiting for an u/s on Friday. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.