Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Snot & Other Bodily Fluids

Good Evening Humble Readers...

How are you all doing? 

If you're affected at all by back-to-school season, I hope that things have gone smoothly for the start of the year.  Locally, kids went back today, which doesn't make a whole heap of sense to me... send the kids back for two days before a long weekend?  How many kids are even going to show up until next week? 

*****
All's quiet here in the hobbit hole, at the moment anyway.  Ginny has what I think is a cold.  She doesn't have a fever, but she's seriously snotty and has something other than her usual fake cough.  She's also been having several bowel movements a day.  I know that it's possible that this is related to her teething, but it seems to be bigger than that.  Her sleep schedule has been thrown off because she's having difficulty breathing with being so stuffed up, and while she still has moments of her usual cheerful self, but she's mostly pretty lethargic.  Poor wee girl... I'm hoping she's better soon.

*****
So, remember when I said I was going to start charting again on my next cycle, in hopes of feeling a little bit more in control?  Ha-freakin'-Ha!  My cycle started 18 days ago, and I reactivated my FF account and have been getting back into the swing of things.  Now, remember that wicked sunburn I got on the weekend?  I'm pretty sure it's screwed up my temps.  I'm almost certain I O'd on CD 16 based on my EWCM and a couple other usual signs.  The thing is, my temps from CD15 and 16 are way higher than normal for that time in my cycle, and now I can't see a clear thermal shift that ties in with my other O signs.  The whole point of charting was so that I could pinpoint O and keep an eye on my luteal phase.  So much for that idea this cycle. 

*****
Funny Ginny story... the baby gate we have has a hinged door-type-gate on one side for easy pass through.  I really like it, but apparently it's not a love match for Ginny.  The other day I went through the gate to put something away in the bathroom, but I forgot to lock the gate behind me.  Ginny was in the living room playing.  I was just coming out of the bathroom when I heard her crying in the hall.  I came around the corner and there she was, hanging on the gate that was swinging back and forth because of her weight.  The poor wee girl couldn't figure out that she had to let go.  (for those of you who are gasping... the gate just blocks the hallway.  It's not to block any stairs or other dangers) 

*****
Finally, for all the old ladies who harrass me about how we're raising Ginny, I submit the following...

Click for a larger view