Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Great Sockeroo!

Hey Humble Readers...

I hope you're having a great weekend.  Today was pretty mellow here at the hobbit hole.  A little Christmas shopping (yeah, I'm one of those people... I find it cheaper to shop early.  Besides, I only have my staff discount at my bookstore for a couple more weeks), some grocery shopping, and some morning sickness. 

Several weeks ago, a bunch of us signed up to participate in Kymberli's super cool "Sock It To Me" sock exchange.  I love love love these kinds of events... they are so much fun, and you get to connect with people you may have not really gotten to know before. 

My totally groovy sock partner was PCOS Chick... and she sent me these wonderfully warm, stylish, and awesomely STRIPEY socks! 

I'm not sure how it happened, but it looks like both
feet are coming out the same pant-leg.  Odd.
Aren't they outstanding?  I love me some stripey socks!

As a part of the Great Sockeroo, Kym has asked us to answer this question...

It has been roughly a year and a half since the last SITM Exchange. Reflect on the past 18 or so months – how has support from others, either in the blogosphere or otherwise, helped you?
Well, the past 18 months have been amazingly full.  At the time of the last SITM exchange I had just come out of a very frustrating cycle that was sadly of my own making.  It had been more than a year since my second miscarraige, and I was getting convinced that we were never going to get pregnant again.  That SITM exhange came a the perfect time... I needed a pick me up.

And as it turned out, those socks came in really handy as lucky socks less than a month later, when I got my sticky bfp.  I wore them to ultrasound after ultrasound, doctor's appointments and consultations, and by the time our sweet Ginevra was born those skull-and-crossbone, black and white checked socks were pretty worn out.  (And yes, they came to the hospital with me)

Throughout my long-awaited pregnancy, as well as before and every day after, this community has given me tremendous gifts... laughter when I was sinking, hugs in joy and sorrow, a calming voice in my moments of anxiety and panic, and, most importantly, listening ears and open hearts for everything in between. 

Oddly, SITM came around at the exact right time again.  And I have a new pair of lucky socks to wear to ultrasounds, blood draws, and doctor's appointments.  Maybe not so odd... maybe just perfection.

platinum