Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bloggity Summer Camp: Trying New Things

Evenin' Humble Readers...

Today at Bloggity Summer Camp, Camp Director Calliope has asked:

"When was the last time you tried something new? What was it and what was the result? Have you ever done something just so that you could blog about it?"

I have to admit this topic made me laugh.  I mean, not only am I second cousin to a hobbit, but I'm also a Lutheran, so I don't take to change and adventure very well.  I mean, there is a certain amount of truth to the old joke, Q - 'How many Lutherans does it take to change a lightbulb?' A - 'Change?!?!

So, in trying to think of something new that I've tried... I confess I'm coming up a bit dry. 

There are a few little things from the last year or so, but they aren't very exciting. 
  • My Beloved and I started tracking our family trees in the last year, but we haven't made much progress yet.  I'm stuck at my maternal Great-grandfather.
  • There was the blanket I knitted for Ginny.  I had learned how to knit many many years ago (I actually took it as an elective in junior high school), but it was the first time in more than 20 years that I had picked up knitting needles.  I'm impressed that I not only remembered the basics, but that I actually finished the blanket.
  • I conducted some experimentation and have found a pretty good recipe for pizza crust.  It has beer in it!  Yum!
  • I guess this whole SAHM and parenthood thing is pretty gosh darn new, too. 
I would have to say that I haven't tried new things simply to blog about it.  But as soon as something new or exciting or adventurous happens, I start composing a blog post about it in my head. 

I do have something new looming on the horizon.  I have ordered some Zumba workout dvds and I'm hoping to find them motivating.  I guess we'll see!

1 comment :

  1. Even tho' you are underplaying it, you have done some pretty incredible things this past year!

    Share a pic of the blanket please?

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.