Friday, July 15, 2011

Bloggity Summer Camp: College Days

Greetings Humble Readers...

Today has been highly productive and I'm proud of all that I've accomplished.  Ginny took a bit of a tumble that created a need for a prolonged snuggle, but even so, I'm feeling like we are in a good place.  The plan is to hit the library after dinner for a couple of audio books for the road trip, and then start packing the car.  We hope to be on the road by 5am tomorrow.  I have a bit of prep work left to do for our food on the road (Bloody Mary Steak sandwiches, macaroni salad and  snacky types of things) and a little bit of packing left.

Over at Bloggity Summer Camp, our topic of discussion is, "What was your college experience like? Were you involved in any clubs, groups, etc? If you did not go to college what was your experience like after high school?"

I had a great college experience.  I went to a very small Bible college just outside of Seattle.  I think at the most there were 180 students in all the programs and all four years.  The campus was originally built for an order of nuns, so the dorm rooms were particularly small, but the chapel was gorgeous, with beautiful stained glass windows.  My program of study was Youth and Family Ministry, with an emphasis of Christian Education. 

I had some truly amazing professors.  The classes were small and we got to really know and interact with our teachers. 

But of course the best part of the college experience were the friends I made.  I was blessed with a great circle of friends and they were a tremendous support throughout those years and after.  Sadly I went through stretch where I lost touch with most of them for a few years, but I'm now slowly reconnecting through the magic of facebook. 

I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Youth and Family Ministry, and I was so proud to be a college graduate.  I only used my degree occupationally for four years, but it has still impacted my life in a large way. 

What was your college experience like?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.