Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lameness 'R' Us

Hey Humble Readers...

I'm sorry that I haven't been around the last few days.  I've hit a big a$$ wall of BLAH and have been really unmotivated.  My plan is to go to bed kind of early tonight and hopefully when I get up in the morning I will have some sense of direction. 

I know that part of it is that my Beloved is away.  I really have been dreading this.  I know I'm pathetic, and that many of you live without your beloved ones on a regular basis because of work or military responsibilities.  As much as I want him to do this whole Jeopardy thing, and have fun, damn it I hate that he's not here.   He hasn't even been gone 12 hours yet, and I miss him like crazy.  Told you I'm a wuss.  *** He just called and is in Pheonix, waiting for his connection to Salt Lake.  His flight from Calgary to Pheonix was full of Calgary Flames fans who were heading to the hockey game there tonight.  Included among the Flames fans... my Beloved's former boss (ick!) and Paul Brandt (OMG... PAUL BRANDT?!?!... he's 99.9% certain it was him).  ***

There have been a few things kind of weighing on me this week, and I don't want to whine about them here, at least not right now.  I'm just struggling to feel chipper and talkative.  I hope you'll forgive me. 

In other, way more interesting news, Ginny is doing her darnedest to try to sit up!  Not from a complete laying-down position, but when I have her sort of reclined on pillows (about a 45 degree angle) she is working those abdominal muscles and she gets really frustrated when it doesn't get her anywhere.  She's also doing well with her tummy time, really working on pushing herself up. 

I think, if I can get my a$$ in gear tomorrow, I might start my spring cleaning.  Our closets need a good going through, and I noticed a few unruly dust bunnies that need corralling. 

According to the weather network, we might actually be seeing the end of winter soon.  Tomorrow is supposed to be yucky and snowy, but it's warming up and by Sunday we will be on the plus side of freezing.  Of course, it's probably going to take a month for all the snow to melt, but at least I might be able to go outside for more than a few minutes at a time. 

And in a trifecta of kitchen upsets... this week our hot air popcorn popper died, my salt mill bit the dust, and the handle on the lid to my cast iron pot fell off.  At least it's three things, so nothing else can fall apart, right? 

4 comments :

  1. Like you, I absolutely hate it when my husband or I has to be away from one another. I so admire those brave, brave men and women who do it regularly due to military responsibilities or work travel.

    I'm sorry that you're feeling down - and have some things weighing on your mind. I hope you will share them when you feel you can. We're here to listen!

    Glad that Ginny is keeping you company!

    As for the kitchen trifecta -- they say it does come in threes -- so I think you're good!

    Hang in there -- your blog sisters are out here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are feeling better soon. I swear it is all this cold weather and snow that is so depressing, no end in sight! I love Paul Brandt, his music is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good luck wishes to your hubby!

    Hope you are reunited soon and that the weather warms up a smidge so you and Ginny can find fun things to pass the time until your Beloved returns.

    Sorry about your 3-for-1 kitchen issues, big bummer!

    Hang in there, Friend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you (and I!) start feeling better soon. Feeling down just makes everything that much harder for me.

    Lots of luck to your husband, what a wonderful opportunity!

    Hope you are able to enjoy some warmer weather with Ginny this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.