Monday, October 11, 2010

Just To Let You Know...

Hey Humble Readers...

I just wanted to let you know how the new recipes worked out. 

The cornbread and sausage stuffing turned out pretty good.  It was different from what I'm used to (which I was expecting, but alongside the turkey and everything it still threw me a bit), and out of habit, I left the salt out of the recipe, which I think was a mistake.  Next time I would also up the sage/garlic powder/ground pepper just a bit.  My Beloved really really liked it, and is really excited that there is a ton left over for tomorrow night, and to freeze.

The maple pumpkin cheesecake was amazing!  I made it as low carb as I could, while still using the graham crust (which I made with Spl.enda) and the maple syrup.  It tasted absolutely divine!  I had some crust issues, but I think if I doubled the crust and baked it a bit longer before adding the cheesecake part, it would have turned out better.  I haven't made a lot of cheesecakes tho, so who knows.  Even with a soggy crust, it was still a lot better than every pumpkin pie I've ever had.

And for your viewing pleasure... here's what my dessert looked like.

 

5 comments :

  1. Looks like yum! [Even though I don't like pumpkin pie...I made an apple crisp instead!] :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd post a pic of the cheesecake! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy! hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks and sounds amazing. We don't have thanksgiving here-makes me wish we did :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.