Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 25: Halfling Update

Greeting Humble Readers! 

Your friendly neighbourhood hobbit is pretty tuckered out today.  But once I get myself motivated to get off this couch I'm planning on getting back to work on the nursery.  I figure if I go through my craft stuff today, then my Beloved can go through his immense set of junk drawers later this week.  When we get the room done, I'm going to post pictures for you all.  I just hope it turns out the way I'm visualizing.

How far along? 25w0d


Maternity clothes? Yup... The bella bands are starting to get a bit tiresome now, so I think come September, I will only have three pairs of pants to wear to work.  Oh well... I've also ordered 2 pairs of maternity jeans. 

Body Oddities? The stuffy sinuses are back, I'm going to have to start using the nose strip things again.  Weight has been all over the place, up, then down, but generally hanging out within 2 pounds of my pre pregancy weight.  My internal thermometer is also way out of wack... I feel like I'm living in a world that's 5-10 degrees warmer than everyone else's.  Leg cramps have been a real biotch too.

Sleep? I have a love-hate relationship with sleep these days.  I love sleep, but I don't feel like I'm getting enough.  One of the things that helps me sleep is my insanely huge body pillow.  It's one of those curly ones, so it hooks over my shoulder and goes between my knees.  It's great, except that I don't roll over at all at night when I sleep with it, so my hips end up being really really sore when I wake up.

Best moment this week?  Yesterday, when I realized I only have three more weeks in the second trimester.

Worst moment?  Finding out that I have the dreaded GD, being woken up from a dead sleep by leg cramps

Movement? He/she is most active in the morning when I first get up and then through the afternoon and evening.  My Beloved still can't feel the kicks and rolls yet, but I think it will be soon.

Food cravings?  Hummus, yoghurt, sweets (which I am striving to avoid as much as I can)

Rings? Still on... but I think I've only got a few weeks left. There have been a few mornings where I have woken up concerned that I wasn't going to be able to get them off.  I have put off getting them soldered, and to have them prettified, so I think now might be a good time.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I think it's a boy

Intense Dreams?  So many about loss.  Blood has also been a key image in my dreams lately.  I wish they would stop.

Medical Concerns? High blood pressure (on 50mg Trandate/Lobetalol, 3 times a day... bp holding steady at 130-ish over 70-ish), Gestational Diabetes (going to a GD clinic on Thursday to learn how to test my blood sugar, etc), on prescription Zan.tac for heartburn.

What I miss?  Chocolate peanut butter cups, being able to shave my legs in the shower, sushi

What I look forward to? the full hour massage I have scheduled for this afternoon, getting to start painting the nursery.

Emotional State? Still all over the place.  Laughing hysterically one moment, snarky the next.  Mostly tied to my energy level. 

5 comments :

  1. holy wow! You are closing in on the 3rd tri! I think I will be investin in a body pillow before long. I love them, and I want to be prepared. I love your updates, though I am sad for your leg cramps :( HUGS!! Can't wait for nursery photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bananas help with leg cramps. I think it's the potassium in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE hearing about your pregnancy! I second the bananas before bed idea - it worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also super crazy warm. People around me are freezing with the a/c on and I'm like "this is awesome". hehe I wish I were 2 lbs from pre-preg. I'm about 10 lbs up already, and not liking it one bit. I hate being overweight. *sigh* As for your dreams, I have loss dreams too. Nasty ones. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the pregnancy! Hang in there and enjoy this time because you can't put the baby back once he's here :)
    ICLW #43 Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.