Monday, June 28, 2010

18 Weeks: Oh My Aching Back

Greetings Humble Readers! 

I hope that you all had a great weekend!  Mine was pretty dull... just worked.  I'm seriously looking forward to my next week off.  Just over two weeks away now. 

How far along? 18w0d

Maternity clothes? Yup.  Can't live without them!

Body Oddities? Constipation and back pain are the name of the game right now.  Yesterday was particularly challenging on both fronts.  Even my chiropractor asked me today what the hell I had done to myself.  Oh, and that weight I lost?  Looks like it found me again.  On an unrelated-to-pregnancy note, I thought when I stopped taking my b-vitamins my skin issues would ease up.  Specifically, the reaction I get to being in the sun (small, mildly itchy, red spots).  They're baaack.  Odd...

Sleep? Still easily fatigued, but overall things are better.  I'm sleeping at night (altho finding a comfortable positition is getting to be challenging), and needing fewer naps during the day.

Best moment this week?  No really outstanding things this week.  Just being able to find the Halfling's heartbeat easily has been a real blessing.

Worst moment? That dream I had the other night.  I haven't been that freaked out since just before my viability scan.  Thank heaven for my doppler.

Movement? Not yet. Soon I hope.

Food cravings? chocolate milk, red meat, and buttered popcorn

Rings? Still on, but I won't count on that lasting.  I'm actually kind of surprised that I've lasted this long.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I think it's a boy

Intense Dreams? Mostly nightmares, some about losing the baby.  Other scary images too.

Medical Concerns? Blood pressure is a bit high (hopefully it will be down a bit when I see Dr B on Wednesday... if white coat syndrome doesn't kick in), and I will be going for multiple (3+) GD tests... yuck!

What I miss? Sushi, sushi, sushi!

What I look forward to: Feeling movement, my longer ultrasound on July 5th, reaching viability

Emotional State? Up and down.  Primarily connected to my physical state... when my back is really sore I'm a lot more moody and sensitive.

5 comments :

  1. I miss sushi too! It is really too bad we can't eat it because it would be such a great source for DHA.

    My back pain comes and goes, but sometimes feels like the bones in my lower back are rubbing together. Ouch! I should probably find a chiropractor because from what I hear, it's not going to get any better. I hope your chiropractor is helping ease your pain!

    How exciting to not find out the sex! I could go without knowing, but my husband is so excited to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't sound like much fun at this stage! Hearing baby's heartbeat must be cool though, and very reassuring.

    Well done you for getting this far - you must be doing everything right! ;)

    Whenever I see a hobbit run past in LOTRO I think of you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am catching up a little late....am glad that you are doing well...having had a dull weekend is way better than any other scenario...

    I crave chocolate...

    I was wondering....could I borrow your format?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie,
    Ugh so sorry your back is so bad!!
    I missed sushi when pregnant too. One of the only good things about not being knocked up right now!!
    Hope you feel some movement soon.
    Also hope the GD tests are not too bad...they suck. Make sure you take something to read because they are sooo long!
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried one of those belly support bands? It might help your back. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.